TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2002 TW, and noticed the throttle has to be twisted at least 1/2 turn to go full throttle. Does anyone make a throttle cam that would decrease the amount of twist required to go full throttle? All of the results I've found have been throttle "tamers" that decrease the sensitivity of the throttle. I'm looking for the opposite effect. Currently I have to adjust my hand placement on the throttle grip to twist it the rest of the way.

I searched this forum already, but didn't find where it had been discussed before. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Also, I'm still looking for a good used OEM muffler, as well as OEM turn signals. I have one cracked front and one cracked rear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That one says they only fit 2008-2015 year models. Would it work on my 2002? That's exactly what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Thanks! That one says they only fit 2008-2015 year models. Would it work on my 2002? That's exactly what I'm looking for.
Yes....what the other jb said... ;)

If you try one of the 1/4 turn throttles, you will need to convert to a single pull cable...use only one of the two stock Yamaha cables.

jb

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
..... Currently I have to adjust my hand placement on the throttle grip to twist it the rest of the way......
You should not have to adjust your grip to get full throttle from idle unless your wrist has restricted motion. Have you checked the adjusters on both the throttle and throttle return cables? There should be only a small amount of slack, so that the cam begins to move after only 1/8 inch of throttle grip movement. If the return cable is too tight the throttle cam may not be getting all the way open, or require extra pressure to do so. My idle to full rotation is less than 1/2 a turn.

If you go to a fast throttle you may find the rpms hard to control for slow speed riding, making for jerky trail riding.

·
Registered
13,960 Posts
You should not have to adjust your grip to get full throttle from idle unless your wrist has restricted motion. Have you checked the adjusters on both the throttle and throttle return cables? There should be only a small amount of slack, so that the cam begins to move after only 1/8 inch of throttle grip movement. If the return cable is too tight the throttle cam may not be getting all the way open, or require extra pressure to do so. My idle to full rotation is less than 1/2 a turn.

If you go to a fast throttle you may find the rpms hard to control for slow speed riding, making for jerky trail riding.
I have to readjust my hand on the throttle as well. Mine may very well only rotate a 1/2 turn, I've never measured it, but if I'm riding out on the highway and have to give it most of the throttle, the throttle travel is more than what's comfortable with my wrist. I'm gonna live with it though and have since 2005.

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub

·
Registered
20,722 Posts
Allucaneat, you should elaborate as to whether you have cracked turn signal housing, lenses, or both, and whether you seek complete units or just parts.
While I am not trying to criticize Allucaneat there is a message here for others:
Everyone should always try to put as much effort and accuracy into their online questions as they expect to get back in responses. Remember what seems very clear in your mind is gibberish to others unless you identify and communicate it well. This is especially true for abbreviations and acronyms.

Reactions: RockyTFS

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
....if I'm riding out on the highway and have to give it most of the throttle, the throttle travel is more than what's comfortable with my wrist. ,,,.
Maybe I do adjust my grip for highway cruising, but I certainly don't need to for full throttle acceleration in each gear. I've never really noticed it being a problem......"got such a supple wrist...";)

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
Maybe I do adjust my grip for highway cruising, but I certainly don't need to for full throttle acceleration in each gear. I've never really noticed it being a problem......"got such a supple wrist...";)
You must frequently exercise the FULL range of motion in that right hand!:rolleyes:

Tom

Reactions: Gerry

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Allucaneat, you should elaborate as to whether you have cracked turn signal housing, lenses, or both, and whether you seek complete units or just parts.
While I am not trying to criticize Allucaneat there is a message here for others:
Everyone should always try to put as much effort and accuracy into their online questions as they expect to get back in responses. Remember what seems very clear in your mind is gibberish to others unless you identify and communicate it well. This is especially true for abbreviations and acronyms.
Good point! I need one front turn signal housing and one rear turn signal housing, as mine are cracked. I would prefer to buy the complete assembly, but the housing (black part) is all that I really need. Again, I am willing to buy all four in order to get the two that I need. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts