TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New user here!!! PS I have my first Jimbo shield!!

Anyway, I have a 2015 tw200; I removed carb to clean jets, but after reinstalling realized throttle won't return or snap back correctly. This is noticed by looking at the throttle assembly outside of the carb ie I made no adjustments to the throttle cables around the handlebar.

NOTE: looking around forums I found a post by a bushwacker or some such name with similar issue, he posted back in January. However the difference between his post and mine is; when I removed my carb I left throttle assembly on. So I shouldn't have to adjust the spring
, correct??? If memory serves me right, he removed the throttle assembly when he did his carb mods, however I left it on the carb, so I'm wondering if the advice for his post would even apply to me??

I took a before pic( picture taken before carb was removed when throttle returned correctly) and can post that if need be. I'm going to try to lube the cable with 3-in-1 lube to see if that will help.

Thanks!!

Edit: I also did not touch the nut that is square in the middle of the assembly, I only adjusted the 10mm nuts that are on the cables, if that helps.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I actually have seen that thread before believe it or not, I was hoping there would have been a conclusion..
at any rate, my bike only has 700 miles..

I will take pictures tomorrow in the sunlight and update post tomorrow!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
https://youtu.be/xnp991frDN8

In the video the throttle is only returning to the default position when I manually turn the throttle handle back. So in the video when you see the throttle body going back to idle, that's only because I'm manually turning the throttle to closed position. Also I re applied lube J

Here is the link to the video

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Maybe it's at the throttle on the bars that is somehow jammed up? Try loosening the throttle holding screws and see if the throttle will snap back.
I will try that now

Edit: it worked!!!! I removed the handguards and kept making adjustments to the throttle grip while watching the assembly. I found a sweet spot where it snapped back perfectly, held tight and then screwed in screws as hard and tight as possible to retain integrity!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Sean, on most materials that turn, spin, slide or otherwise rub on something else, a light spritz of Silicone spray will keep 'em slick & happy!
It doesn't catch and trap dirt like oily/greasy stuff does. Lasts a long time.
Aerosol KY...sort of.:cool:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Sean, on most materials that turn, spin, slide or otherwise rub on something else, a light spritz of Silicone spray will keep 'em slick & happy!
It doesn't catch and trap dirt like oily/greasy stuff does. Lasts a long time.
Aerosol KY...sort of.:cool:
I have used white lithium grease under the throttle tube and it sure makes the throttle spin easy.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I have used white lithium grease under the throttle tube and it sure makes the throttle spin easy.
Ken, I think for that application the white lithium grease would be better than silicone spray.
I've used it in the past with great results.
The advantage of silicone spray for many applications is it's quick, easy and gets in all the nooks & crannies.
I think I'll go now and grease my throttle tube...:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts