TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 and feel like the throttle response is a little slow? Any ideas? My current jet settings at sea level with FMF powercore are 130 jet out of the kit and 45 pilot and 2 washers on the needle.

·
Registered
285 Posts
45 on the pilot? On 01-13 years the chart says the stock pilot jet is 31. Seems people replace it with a 34. That’s what I did along with the 2 1/2 turns and two washers and a 130 main. My 02’ runs great now compared to what it did before. All info thanks to the TW200 forum. ?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
So the 45 pilot does seem very big. I could tell my #31 pilot was too small because when I opened the pilot screw past two turns it did nothing. The #34 had a better response when opened and I could find the sweet spot. I did plug chops and high speed runs to settle on main jet at 130. What thickness are your washers? I ended up with three washers I think they are .02”. My wife’s bike had better acceration when I was using two it turned out I hadn’t pushed the nylon spacer all the way tight against the washers and e clip. So I went to Three washers. Now my bike seems a little rich in the midrange. So I may sand down a washer a little bit on that needle.

Here is a link to plug chops.

Plug Chop how-to

1 - 4 of 4 Posts