TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just placed an order on eBay for a 2001 and newer throttle tube. My bike is a 98. I placed the order and somehow didn't see that it was a new style until I received the order successful confirmation. Will this tube fit my bike?

Zack

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ebay tw200 throttle tubes for cheap.
Yes, I did that and I can find the original throttle tube easily but I was looking for an after market one that would be tougher, as this is the second time I've replaced this tube already. :/ Bad luck I guess, as it's not something that a lot of people break. Maybe I'll just buy an original again though, and hope for the best.

Zack

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Understandable. But just think, if you buy handguards you won't have to worry about ever replacing the tube again. Stating the obvious here but if you had purchased handguards from the get go it would have cost you the same as replacing the tubes and less hassle. Just food for thought. You can get some cheapo guards for around $25 on ebay or amazon. Try to get some when funds allow or stop dropping your bike! ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do those guards actually hold up? I've looked at a few and they seem to be pretty wimpy plastic. Btw, given the trails that I sometimes ride, I don't think I'll stop dropping my bike every now and then anytime soon. :D

Zack

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha I might have made it sound like I fall all the time. I can remember 3 times in the last 2 years. Two of those times broke my throttle tube. :(

Zack

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hand guards are not only an investment made to protect parts, but an investment made to avoid walking after parts would have been broken.

·
Registered
20,158 Posts
Acerbis plastic handguards are cheap and hold up well in my tip overs and save the cost of broken levers, perches, mirror mounts,throttle tubes, busted fingers etc. Seems cheap after a tip over that without hand guards would have resultrd in an inoperable TW broken down in back of beyond. And if your hands are protected while riding you may avoid a crash after a blow from branch, tree, car mirror in traffic. That is their major benefit protecting you.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,927 Posts
Same thing as I have on mine Rocky. I like them just fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts