TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could it be the valves? I know they are overdue for adjustment. The sound has been there since I got it. And it was overdue then too.

Sent from Android for Nook Tablet using Taptalk

·
Registered
592 Posts
Mine was making a jingle sound. I switched over to higher octane like mid grade. Never heard sound again

·
Registered
109 Posts
It should be the tappets..! But these bikes have some ticking sound even when properly adjusted. I know this cause i had valves adjusted when i bought the bike. It had very light tickling from day one..!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Shew, I was going to log on this morning and asak this! Since my first service I have noticed some ticking, specifically when I start the bike up cold.
Relief that my bike is not going to explode.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe Yamaha did it as a bad joke....

Sent from Android for Nook Tablet using Taptalk

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just check the valve clearance, it's pretty easy on the TW, especially with all the good info on this forum.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Also the factory skid plate rattles at its hinge. I used a piece of stick on rubber to fix rattle

·
Registered
567 Posts
I think a minor amount of ticking is normal, You have to remember these were designed around 1980. It's better to have it tick a little then have the rockers adjusted too tight. Another thing that may make valve ticking worse is a worn bushing on the sprocket end of the cam, and/or worn rocker shafts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts