1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Original post from Jungleplant)

Hi All

I am New to this forum

and saw the front rack that i made posted so i decided to chim in with something else that might be helpful to you guys

we call them tiedowns , we just started to make them for the TW200 bike , I would like to offer 6 sets for testing , so if any of you guys would like a free set just PM me your addy and ill get them to you , they bolt to the lower triple tree and give you a better place to hook your bike for transporting , We laser cut them from 10 guage stainless steel then tumble polish , we think they pretty great, goodluck to all mike

After seeing the above post from Jungleplant, I PM'd Mike and he promptly sent me a pair of his tiedowns. See picture below:

They are very nicely made and only took a few minutes to install. I wasn't sure why the mounting holes were slotted, but I now realize it is so these will work on a wide variety of bikes. On some of my bikes that have turn signals/mirrors/decompression release/kill switch/bark busters, etc., mounted on the bars it is sometimes difficult to find space for the tiedown hooks without interfering with brake lines and cables. These tiedowns provide a sturdy, dedicated mounting point. The only downside that I see is what to do with the excess length on the straps.

Great idea, thanks Mike!

Brian

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Brian I gave all those brackets away almost 20 , that was fun , well have to do it again on the next thing ,

would it be ok if i use that picture on my website to display the tiedowns, thanks again, and good luck mike

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure Mike, feel free to use the picture any way you'd like.

I checked out your website and saw that you have a lot of neat stuff for a Honda XR650L. I've already got a rear rack for mine and shortened the kickstand, but let me know if you have any new product ideas and need an XR650L to test them out on.

Any chance you could do an adjustable kickstand for the TW? I put an ATV tire on the back of mine and will be adding a Blaster shock, so will probably need a couple extra inches on the kickstand. I really like the idea of an adjustable one so let me know.

Thanks again for the tiedowns,

Brian

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Jungleplant has some pretty cool stuff on his website. Check it out...

He has a great looking kickstand on there for those that have raised the T Dub.

http://www.manracks.com/

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
<Hmmmm>

If I get both the front rack and the tie-downs, I'll definitely need longer bolts.

With the rack above the headlight, this is definitely going to the top of my "Want It!" list.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have a set of the tie downs and am impressed with their elegance and utility. I've not installed them yet, because I've been up to my eyeballs in a community library book sale (co-chairperson) and the moving of 10 ton of books, . . . and the fact that I'd prefer to install with slightly longer than stock bolts. A definite tiedown site as opposed to a somewhat linear focal point along the bar will be much more secure. If you trailer or haul on a rack, the idea and mod are a good ones. Tom

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I have a set of the tie downs and am impressed with their elegance and utility. I've not installed them yet, because I've been up to my eyeballs in a community library book sale (co-chairperson) and the moving of 10 ton of books, . . . and the fact that I'd prefer to install with slightly longer than stock bolts. A definite tiedown site as opposed to a somewhat linear focal point along the bar will be much more secure. If you trailer or haul on a rack, the idea and mod are a good ones. Tom

I also got mine too. They are good looking and look SOLID. I too will have the time to attach them. Stay tuned for photos and comments.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I just recieved mine in the mail today. Anyone know the size of the lower triple tree bolts? I want to go a little longer.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I had no problem reusing the stock bolts. Just get them tight and be careful you don't overtorque them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Finally got around to using these new tie downs from Jungleplant (Manracks.com) They work great. I'm thinking about getting some for my brothers bikes if they fit. Works way better than using handlebars.

Kevin

·
Registered
144 Posts
im interested in two sets of these tie downs but did see them on the manrack site... was it just a test run that never went into production? anyone got any info on who else may carry them

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey DMD,

I am sure that the ones they show for the XR650L are the ones that I got and will work for your TW. The holes for mounting them to the lower triple clamp are slotted so they will work on most bikes. To be sure, you can give them a call to confirm this.

Brian

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey DMD,

I am sure that the ones they show for the XR650L are the ones that I got and will work for your TW. The holes for mounting them to the lower triple clamp are slotted so they will work on most bikes. To be sure, you can give them a call to confirm this.

Brian

Same ones. I order the set listed for the XR650L. Perfect fit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts