·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Really nice camerawork & editing.
What drone are you using?

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Really nicely made video, good production values and of course a drone these days adds a nice sense of perspective.
I see the TW mentor has rider often using a foot plant like old fashioned MXers. Some like the foot plant technique but I think it tends to put bike and rider out of balance. With a foot down and rider's weight planted in one spot on the seat the rider is unable to respond to trail irregularities other than through use of that foot.
Just my opinion but a dab with the foot sure is helpful now and then but it need not be an integral part of cornering strategy. I put my foot down when things are going wrong.

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really nicely made video, good production values and of course a drone these days adds a nice sense of perspective.
I see the TW mentor has rider often using a foot plant like old fashioned MXers. Some like the foot plant technique but I think it tends to put bike and rider out of balance. With a foot down and rider's weight planted in one spot on the seat the rider is unable to respond to trail irregularities other than through use of that foot.
Just my opinion but a dab with the foot sure is helpful now and then but it need not be an integral part of cornering strategy. I put my foot down when things are going wrong.
Thank you!

Great input on the foot planting! I've only been riding for about 8 months. Any sort of critique/pointers are very helpful as I ride solo 99% of the time. I'm sure I have been picking up some bad habits along the way. I wish there were more TWs to ride with in my neck of the woods!

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, our Like Button is still out of order but I definitely Liked your video!

Welcome to the forum,

Brian
Thanks and right back at you! Like = error occurred

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for sharing! "Like".. and I'll throw a few boobs in for good luck! Errr I mean a few beers.
:eek:ccasion14::eek:ccasion14::eek:ccasion14:

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice! Thanks for sharing! "Like".. and I'll throw a few boobs in for good luck! Errr I mean a few beers.
:eek:ccasion14::eek:ccasion14::eek:ccasion14:
Thanks for watching! Boobs and beers are gladly accepted!

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
"Like"

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Gosh, I was about to apologize for sounding critical of the riding style, I thought I was out of line. Thanks

It's with just about 6 inches of suspension travel it helps to have the legs absorb some of the impacts rather than taking it all in the seat of the pants. Plus by standing a bit and unloading the seat it helps develop that intuitive sense of weight shifting for good balance and control. Just another thing to maybe practice while out having fun on these addictive machines.

Once again, thanks for sharing a really great video.

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
Fred I'm with you on the technique. Good advice. Just want to throw something out there. I was racing a drz400 down the mountain Sunday, real deal flying, well over 50, pretty reasonable decent, lots of loose gravel and switch back turns, ruts everywhere. I implemented the old dirt track method of keeping one foot sliding lightly on the ground on the leaning side in case I had to kick the bike up if I started sliding out (whitch it did, several times power sliding in the gravel). I had typically been doing a lot of standing but that earlier crash had my knee, ankle and rib hurting and that made me decide to implement that circle track model towards the end of the day. All the while I was thinking about Purples post "kick the bike back up". It worked well, and for what it's worth I smoked that drz. He said he had a totally differant opinion of old guys on little bikes after that. I got it on video, me waiting at the bottom saying, so, what took you so long. He said if it wasn't for the straitaways where he hit almost 80 he'd have never caught up. Lol. Anyway, you don't get better unless you ride a lot, push your limits within reason and in my opinion ride with other people every opportunity you get so that you can learn new techniques and ideas. I learned from everyone one there. For instance Rick is perhaps the smoothest rider I know, real finess. Never uses the brake unless absolutely required, always had the gearing and rpm right where it needed to be. I followed him for hours, started implementing that and it was a real plus, my riding really smoothed out allowing much faster riding.

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gosh, I was about to apologize for sounding critical of the riding style, I thought I was out of line. Thanks

It's with just about 6 inches of suspension travel it helps to have the legs absorb some of the impacts rather than taking it all in the seat of the pants. Plus by standing a bit and unloading the seat it helps develop that intuitive sense of weight shifting for good balance and control. Just another thing to maybe practice while out having fun on these addictive machines.

Once again, thanks for sharing a really great video.
Taking mental notes on all of this!

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fred I'm with you on the technique. Good advice. Just want to throw something out there. I was racing a drz400 down the mountain Sunday, real deal flying, well over 50, pretty reasonable decent, lots of loose gravel and switch back turns, ruts everywhere. I implemented the old dirt track method of keeping one foot sliding lightly on the ground on the leaning side in case I had to kick the bike up if I started sliding out (whitch it did, several times power sliding in the gravel). I had typically been doing a lot of standing but that earlier crash had my knee, ankle and rib hurting and that made me decide to implement that circle track model towards the end of the day. All the while I was thinking about Purples post "kick the bike back up". It worked well, and for what it's worth I smoked that drz. He said he had a totally differant opinion of old guys on little bikes after that. I got it on video, me waiting at the bottom saying, so, what took you so long. He said if it wasn't for the straitaways where he hit almost 80 he'd have never caught up. Lol. Anyway, you don't get better unless you ride a lot, push your limits within reason and in my opinion ride with other people every opportunity you get so that you can learn new techniques and ideas. I learned from everyone one there. For instance Rick is perhaps the smoothest rider I know, real finess. Never uses the brake unless absolutely required, always had the gearing and rpm right where it needed to be. I followed him for hours, started implementing that and it was a real plus, my riding really smoothed out allowing much faster riding.
Excellent post! Thanks for sharing. Not having anyone to regularly ride with has definitely stunted my riding growth. I'm always out there giving myself pep talks haha The one thing I fall back on is riding BMX back in the day. I feel some of the same techniques ring true on the TW.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts