TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1987 TW 200
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got another package from dubai today.It's two bottle of fork oil
I changed the fork oil of my bike in the year 2018. Now we are at the end of 2022. So I thought to change the fork oil again.
I couldn't buy 10wt fork oil for less, so I was able to buy two bottles of 15wt heavy fork oil for a very low price.
Is it okay to use 15wt instead of 10wt? let me know what you guys think (however,
Liquid Bottle Fluid Bottle cap Drink
Liquid Plant Bottle Fluid Bottle cap
I'm gonna pour this 15wt fork oil into the fork leg anyways)

· Registered
2021 TW
831 Posts
Sure its ok to use. It should make the compression and rebound a little slower or stiffer you could say with the higher weight oil. Cant hurt to try it and see if it works for you and is what you want. Depending on how you ride.
You can use automatic trans fluid. I think its rated at 10wt. It has a lot of anti -foaming additives which is good for suspension and wont hurt the seals and its available everywhere. If you dont like the 15 wt.
Are you running the stock front springs? Changing those makes a big difference too. I think Yamaha uses springs for the TW from their home improvement division. Screen door closer department.

· Registered
248 Posts
A thicker oil will equate to a slightly stiffer fork. Look at it this way. When your fork compresses a piston pushes the oil thru a (valve) hole at a certain rate to allow its compression over a certain time. Unless you have air, a spring causes the return. However, there are certain conditions for oil wt you can follow.

· Registered
106 Posts
I recently got another package from dubai today.It's two bottle of fork oil
I changed the fork oil of my bike in the year 2018. Now we are at the end of 2022. So I thought to change the fork oil again.
I couldn't buy 10wt fork oil for less, so I was able to buy two bottles of 15wt heavy fork oil for a very low price.
Is it okay to use 15wt instead of 10wt? let me know what you guys think (however, View attachment 231965 View attachment 231966 I'm gonna pour this 15wt fork oil into the fork leg anyways)
Forget the oil. Use the fresh milk. Your fork action will be out of this world. 😜

1 - 6 of 6 Posts