TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I brought My 2006 "Ruth" into my little shop for her yearly service. . I've listed all the items I can think of...am I missing anything?

Fork Service inspect and service. DONE
Inspect front breaks and sand. DONE
Replace break fluid. DONE
Inspect rear breaks and sand off glaze. DONE
Inspect wheel bearings F&R. DONE
Lub Swingarm. DONE
Change oil clean filter. DONE
Replace plug. DONE
Clean and Lub chain. DONE
Adjust valves. DONE
Grease Speedometer gears DONE
Clean and treat air filter DONE
Torque head bolts DONE
Lub all cables. DONE
Check Tire pressure DONE
Check lights treat with Di-Electric grease. DONE
Di-Electric grease on all connections DONE
Clean and Lube helmet lock. DONE
Paint Exhaust DONE
Touch up Paint. DONE
Deep water Mod. DONE
Check Battery. DONE

I need to replace my Base Gasket at some point in the future.

I bought an HID headlight last August and the High/Low beams are reversed. I swapped the High/Low wires on the connector and now my high beam indicator light stays on all the time. The indicator light is dimmer on the low beam setting. I don't recommend HID headlights but of course LEDs are becoming more popular.

IMG_7372.JPG

IMG_7374.JPG

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Depending on type service battery.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After all that's done you should start thinking about a good weekend or 2 to haul your camper (with Ruth) up to Central NY.:D
It's your turn to visit me.;) Like the Green Ridge ride :D

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you'll do it when you check the chain, but mention the sprockets, as well.
Good point...I didn't mention them because I replaced both sprocket along with an O-Ring chain last year.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I chipped away on my list tonight. I also pulled my spark plug...does this look lean?

IMG_7382.JPG

IMG_7383.JPG

I hope this grill paint works well

IMG_7384.JPG

·
Registered
6,355 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried the transmission fluid flush but there seemed to be to much grit in the tubes so I disassembled the forks. I think 10 years of neglect warranted an inspection. They needed a thorough cleaning.
I hate waiting on parts :mad: Rocky Mountain sent me the wrong dust seals. It's always something that stops progress.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I tried the transmission fluid flush but there seemed to be to much grit in the tubes so I disassembled the forks. I think 10 years of neglect warranted an inspection. They needed a thorough cleaning.
I hate waiting on parts :mad: Rocky Mountain sent me the wrong dust seals. It's always something that stops progress.
Don't look at it as stopping progress, look at it like prolonging all the fun your having:)

Tom

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't look at it as stopping progress, look at it like prolonging all the fun your having:)

Tom
I am enjoying this but I need the front end back together so I can get it off the lift to finish the rest of my list.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Asking opinions about how a spark plug looks is like asking what is the best kind of engine oil ?

To me the spark plug looks almost perfect.
I will gladly defer to your experience on this! :notworthy:

Tom

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Asking opinions about how a spark plug looks is like asking what is the best kind of engine oil ?

To me the spark plug looks almost perfect. Just a teeny bit on the rich side.

Thanks for your expert opinion I like almost perfect and teeny bit rich. Now I have peace of mind :D

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally received the fork seals, dust covers and boots. I went with 10W 125 mm. I'm interested to feel the difference between 125mm and 130mm that I put in my Black Widow.

Check list complete :) ready for another riding season.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts