TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I could use a bit of help here as Im really stumped on this mechanical issue I have. I do realize this is a TW200 forum but I have a BW200 that has a very similar motor. Obviously BW200 online resources are limited. Im not a certified tech or anything like that but have torn down a few motors before. This big wheel ran low on oil and resulted in the breaking of a rocker arm. The culprit was a crankcase gasket that had blown out. I opted to get a new/used head and valve assembly off ebay. I took the lower crank case apart myself. Everything inside looked fine but I didn't have any special tools to get anymore than a visual confirmation. Put in new gaskets. Piston rings etc. I reassembled and got it started. There is a lashing sound coming from the head. Metal hitting metal. I've determined its the timing chain getting slack in the front side of the timing sprocket and hitting the casing. I examined the guides and they seemed fine. I reassembled and adjusted the chain tension mechanism to the point it was all the way down and still I can hear it lashing the front. This makes no sense to me whatsoever. The teeth down on the crank seem okay. The sprocket on the head isn't bent. When I push down on the kick starter and start turning the motor I can see the chain slack in the front. I can see marks where its hitting the casing. So I know whats happening but no idea why. Its almost like Im missing a part but examining the diagram I dont see how that's possible.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
JP

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,859 Posts
I was going to say that the only factors are a shorter barrel or a longer chain, but then i know little about all this technical stuff

Glad you got it sorted - welcome to the board ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts