TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went for a nice ride on the Timpooneke Trail, kind of a road, today with a buddy who also has a TW. The weather was nice and cool in the mountains, but it was pretty dusty.

20170908_095823.jpg

The trail winds through a ton of different terrain and scenery...

20170908_111635.jpg

Beautiful meadows, rugged mountains, mountain pines and aspen groves overlook the valley below

20170908_110036.jpg

·
Registered
13,719 Posts
Boy, what pretty views not all that far from civilization. Awesome!

Sometimes when the photo's get attached from a computer, the forum software goofs it up. Wish it wouldn't but when I save the photos to my computer I can see them just great. Doesn't take to much time to do that.

Thanks so much for posting them.

Oh, and I don't don't which lake is in the one photo, Salt Lake perhaps, whatever lake it is that's awesome shot too!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Admiral.

That's Utah Lake (such a creative name) in the background looking from the top of Grove Creek Trail. If you Google Mahogany Mountain in Utah, you can see the trail system in the area. We were riding on FR 056.

I really wish I would have been wearing my GoPro. We literally almost ran into a moose that was shedding its velvet. You know, with the bloody strips hanging from his rack? He was only about 25 feet in front of me when we rounded one of the sharp corners. Scared the crap out of me when this 7 foot tall behemoth started trotting towards me and then broke off to disappear into the forest. Pucker factor was at least 8!

·
Registered
13,719 Posts
Yikes. Month or so back I saw a Bull Moose down in a pond. I kept my TW running just in case he decided he didn't like me...or the TW. He did trot away in the water...away from me thankfully. But I know how you feel, done the same with a black bear 20 something years ago.

I would say 90% of my riding is done while wearing the camera but not on. I miss so many animal encounters because it's off. Just for the little bit it takes to turn it I, puff, they are gone.

Der, I did open your map earlier and saw Utah Lake. I forgot by the time it was time to reply. Dummy me. Still great photo!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's all good.

BTW, thanks for how much you do for the forum. I've learned a ton from you and the many others here who are so willing to go out of your way to help the rest of us here.

·
Super Moderator
5,254 Posts
Nice report - thanks

By the way, don't worry about the upside down pics - I just use a laptop - much easier to turn upside down to view ..... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts