TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD OUT-SOLD OUT-SOLD-OUT

tool tube, mounting plate, all hardware. $50 includes shipping

having recieved good reports from my testers, i've decided to offer these up to those that want them.

This will be a limited production run of 20! Ya snooze-ya lose

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi, I'd like one. I sent a PM.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mounting image.jpg

Reactions: PlacerLode

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
15 left

·
Registered
20,364 Posts
I have two tubes, one tube has bike maintainance stuff with two small zipper bags with wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, etc in one bag and CO2 tire kit in the other bag. Second tube has stuff to maintain me: first aid, chapstick,sunscreen, food, liscense, registration,insurance documents. I put stuff that stays on bike for every ride so that a small pack can be lightly loaded with specialty items for each day's ride like cameras, maps, fishing gear, appropriate extra clothing, etc. that I can easily carry off the bike without lugging all the bike gear.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
14 left

·
Registered
546 Posts
I received and mounted my Tool Tube Assy. tonight. I think I could be tinman tim's test monkey. He graciously led me through the mounting process via texting. Lesson here is if I can mount it anyone can mount it since I am most likely the least mechanical member on this forum. I really think this tool tube is going to come in handy.

Tool Tube 6.jpg Tool Tube 5.jpg Tool Tube 4.jpg Tool Tube 2.jpg Tool Tube 1.jpg

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good news dette, you passed the test!

bad news, this is an un-paid position

thus,

no bannana

glad to help with install questions

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
No banana??

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Tim,
Is there clearance to remove the cap if you have a set of your pannier mounts on the bike? From the pictures posted by TWROG there appears to be a interference but sometimes pictures are deceiving since the ones above don't look that way.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the cap is removable with my racks installed. For those that may require more access however, it is easily remedied by taking off the hand nut holding on the crossbar, and swinging the rack and pannier out of the way completely.

as most folks are gonna put tools in there, and the mighty TW's never break down, this should not be a major issue

Reactions: dette

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I put camping fuel in my tubes in that spot, i just done like the strap install method and this looks much stronger. I think i would like to give it a try, put me down for 2.

·
Registered
807 Posts
No interference from the rack. But if you have something on the rack you would have to remove the cap from the inboard side which would be a pain. I dont plan to put anything in there that I need on a regular basis so not a big deal for me.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have had one of these mounted on one or another of my bikes for a while now.

Tim has done a great job and in my opinion has corrected the problem that other tube mounts in this location have. I have seen past mounts at this spot that look good, but people later complain of them bending or rotating with the possibility of them contacting the tire when the shock compresses. Tim's mount solves that - it will not bend and will not move!

The other thing that I really like is that you don't have to modify the bike in any way. No bending or drilling and if you ever want to remove it to sell the bike (or whatever) there is no indication it was ever there.

This is a great mount.

Plus, BONUS FEATURE. If you unscrew your tool tube cap and turn it around backwards you can have dual exhaust AND DOUBLE YOUR HORSEPOWER...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
K.i.s.s. 101

1 - 20 of 36 Posts