TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya folks- I've been just waiting for this day, finally seeing this on the market: a truly useful GPS tracker for motorcycles (and other things) !

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ping-the-world-s-smallest-global-gps-locator-bluetooth#/

Looks tiny enough to hide somewhere clever, and the battery lasts months. You can check it's location anytime, and they have an app, so somebody could probably write some code to do things like auto-check every x hours, send alerts if it moves more than x distance, etc.

I get major separation anxiety whenever I park my bike out of site, heh, figured others might also be interested :)

·
Registered
20,489 Posts
Very nice. Might be an affordable alternative for some of the features a ELB like Spot can provide. Does assume cell and data coverage for the recipient which can be a limitation at times.
Just hope the thief doesn't flee with the stolen bike into the bush beyond data plan coverage and thus beyond the sherriff's ability to directly track stolen bike on the fly.

·
Registered
20,489 Posts
Tile is cool too, but the 35 ft transmission range limits usefulness to things like finding where the car key gnomes hid your keys.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
are and of these a buy once and use it forever for free?...or are they a monthly fee?...or are they so sealed that you can't replace the batteries and have to buy a new one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts