TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your local autoparts store may have what are known as "shock" boots. They used to be very popular with the 4x4 offroad truck crowd. The upper and lower IDs measure about the same as the D58 fork boots. The ones that I just picked up (they are "Pro Comp" brand) only set me back $6.67 for the pair, inc tax. They ARE "fatter" looking in their outside diameter, but seem to be made of a better, thicker, neoprene or silicone-like material.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Freaking awesome. I have been riding around with my stock blue boots that are sun bubbled. Been looking for another set of boots. But reluctant to spend yamaha prices. Here I come oreilly auto. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Daystar fork boots are a good option as well. While they are not as cheap as these, they are actually made for certain bikes and you can get them in different colors. They are cheaper than oem. I believe they are around $25.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I put Daystar's on mine when I modified/rebuilt my forks. Don't have a lot of miles on them yet. One thing with them is that they are bigger diameter at the lower attachment point than stock. I solved that by cutting the factory boot off and putting it on first. The Daystar's fit good then.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I put Daystar's on mine when I modified/rebuilt my forks. Don't have a lot of miles on them yet. One thing with them is that they are bigger diameter at the lower attachment point than stock. I solved that by cutting the factory boot off and putting it on first. The Daystar's fit good then.
Good tip, I'll have to remember that when I replace mine, thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, that's what I did also. The neoprene (I believe) "shock" boots that I put on are like the D (daystar) 58's. They are just a bit too big around at the bottom for a good snug fit, without using the bottom part of the old ones as spacers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts