TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if anyone has used any of the tools available on the market.

I am mainly speaking of the mojo lever, no-mar tire remover, and the baja no pinch tool.

I am wanting to purchase one of the 3 after having a tire iron slip out and wack me in the head. Done with spoons and irons.

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't have any issue with the tire spoons, I've changed out a few tires and never had much of a problem. I keep two of them in my bike tool kit. I've never done the rear tire and never will so maybe that one is a pain.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
How close was your head to the spoon for that to happen?

I use 3 spoons which I believe are from Motion Pro, some Honda Pro Spray wax cleaner for tire and rim lubricant (also cleans up nice afterwords) and a carpenters clamp to compress the tire into the rut of the rim. I changed the TW tires once when I first got the bike but not since. They had barely any wear but were 11 years old.

Seemed pretty easy compared to the Heidenau K37's I have on my Ural, 80/20 Trail & Street. The sidewalls are so hard and tough I wish I had one of those other devices you mentioned.
Changing one is like waiting for a dentist appointment to have a tooth pulled. I take a long time to do one of those after ruining a brand-new one. An expensive lesson.

I also have a Shinko on the front but I think it's a 241? Not positive but that's what I think it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts