TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, I'm new to the forum and just purchased a clean 2000 TW200 as a starter bike for my wife to use to get comfortable riding dirt roads and trails before she moves up to the bigger/taller BMW that I bought for her last fall. The bike has original tires so I'm looking to replace them with the best option for 70/30 dirt to street riding. The TW34 gets high marks for the rear. What are experienced owners recommending as a front tire for our intended use? Any advice would be much appreciated. Mark

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I have the Shinko 241 too and it's great off road and on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shinko 241 fron tire size?

The Shinko 241 is a popular choice.
Could those of you running the Shinko 241s on the front please tell me what size? I'm assuming it's 4.00x18 (the widest available in 18"). Also, is the Bridgestone TW 34 (180/80-14) still a preferred choice for a mix of dirt and pavement riding?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Could those of you running the Shinko 241s on the front please tell me what size? I'm assuming it's 4.00x18 (the widest available in 18"). Also, is the Bridgestone TW 34 (180/80-14) still a preferred choice for a mix of dirt and pavement riding?

Thanks,

Mark
Yes, the 4.00x18 241 is the size we all have. It actually measures out to be nearly identical to the stock size when mounted, so don't let the narrow sounding width worry you.

There are very few choices that will fit the rear. The stock TW34 is a great mixed use tire, and pairing with the 241 makes a fantastic combo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts