TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of tires from Cycle Gear, had them mounted, and then found out they could not balance them.
("Our machine doesn't work")
Went to a shop called MOTOTIRE in Phoenix (Cavecreek RD) who balanced my tires/wheels, while I waited.(y)

They told me that they wish I had stopped there first, as someone had stuck them with a set of TW200 tires, and they would make someone the "Deal of a Lifetime".

I didn't get any info on what the tires were or what the price was, but told them I'd post this on the forum.
Just tell them "That guy who had TW200 tires balanced said you'd make me a deal on a set of TW200 tires."

Not affiliated in any way, just passing on the info.
Not sure of the protocol on posting more contact info, but figure anyone interested can always google it.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Go ahead and post all the info needed so they can sell them to someone who wants them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Complete info:
MOTOTIRE
(602) 374-5877
Tuesday - Friday 10 AM - 5 PM
Saturday 8 AM - 2 PM
13012 N. Cave Creek Rd. #7
Phoenix, AZ 85022

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
His ("Our machine doesn't work") may have been pure B.S.
UNLESS it is different at different locations: Cycle Gear stores Do Not balance tires. "Mount" only.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
His ("Our machine doesn't work") may have been pure B.S.
UNLESS it is different at different locations: Cycle Gear stores Do Not balance tires. "Mount" only.
Check this page:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Our machine doesn't work" - wtf? How can you expect to be paid to mount tires and yet not balance them?
When I bitched, they refunded one of the install charges, $25.
MotoTire balanced them for $26, including clamp-on weights instead of stick-ons, which are cheaper.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Motorcycle stores are where B.S. goes to die. The last one I was in lost the parts I took in to have repaired. You're lucky you got your wheels back, undamaged. Unbelievable!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Not ALL motorcycle/parts stores are that way. Some are just more competent than others. The last two I dealt with were both in Ramona CA. One was a KTM store and the other was just an independent M/C repair/sales/parts facility. Both facilities had very smart and competent owner/managers. When they said they'd have the work done, IT WAS DONE, AT THAT TIME! When they said it would cost a given amount, THAT was the amount charged and not a penny over. If they said it would take some time for a given repair or alteration, it was for a reason and, about 99.9999% of the time, they both finished ahead of the intended finish date/time.

I just purchased an '18 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT approximately 3 months ago from a dealer in the Scottsdale area of Phoenix AZ and, the dealer was right down to the brass tacks and no BS in all aspects of the deal. I was not there any longer than needed. They allowed me as long of a test ride as I needed although, I was so impressed by the first couple of blocks of riding, I only went for another 5-10 minutes and a decision was made. They gave me a great deal and treated me and the wife with great respect.
Scott

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub and Ken

·
Registered
222 Posts
All my life, and all those 120mph bikes, and all those tires. I mounted each one and balanced each one. The fourth one you do is easy.

If I can balance a tire meant to go 120 mph, I should be able to balance a tire on a TW200.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts