TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Pirelli MT-21, it's a great mud and hard dirt tire on the front of my TW but it;s slippery as hell on gravel roads and driveways. I have a few ideas too make it better and I thought if someone on here had one that would be willing to loan me (of course I'd pay shipping both ways) it would be cheaper than spending $80 on one so I can destroy a $100 tire.

My objective is too make the big mud grabbing lugs a little more flexible so they don't try and climb every little unbedded piece of gravel, so I was thinking $15 shipping is a lot cheaper than musical tires.

So if anybody is willing too risk an internet loan, It may work, it may just become another tire swing for my chickens.

Thanks, Kennon

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried that on 1 knobby, almost sliced my knee instead. D.O.T. tires seem to be a little harder than the old race stuff. I may try a burr bit on the dermal at low rpm.

·
Registered
19,206 Posts
The razor technique can also create sipping across tread blocks to increase tread block flex and wet traction.. Helps should you bravely take that Pirelli on the ice too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts