TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock tires 22 psi front, 25psi rear according to the manual. These Bridgestone tw204, tw203 have a 33psi on them, both rear and front. Any idea which is correct for these new tires?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Run what ever PSI feels good. Better question: What is the best oil?
Lol. I agree, it could have been better or even the best but its still a good question.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I wouldn't go any higher than the 22 and 25. My first tire I had Yamaha mount and I thought something was wrong with the bike. It felt like I had to struggle to keep it from tipping over. The dealer had put 32 or higher, it was so long ago. When I got home I checked air pressure and deflated them. It was then rideable again . It was very unstable and dangerous with over inflated tires. My opinion.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
18f 18r unless you are over 200lbs. If you are more, 22f 25r and then adjust accordingly
CYCLE GEAR mounted them and put 45psi rear, 35psi front. Is the stock tire pressure any different then these tw204? Just wondering because its more of a road tire.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't go any higher than the 22 and 25. My first tire I had Yamaha mount and I thought something was wrong with the bike. It felt like I had to struggle to keep it from tipping over. The dealer had put 32 or higher, it was so long ago. When I got home I checked air pressure and deflated them. It was then rideable again . It was very unstable and dangerous with over inflated tires. My opinion.
I may not have asked the question correctly. I had the stock tires changed out for these tw204, tw203. They are more of a road tire then the stock tires for the tw200.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the same ones on mine and run the 22 and 25. Higher you are apt to run the center down while the rest still has more tread.
Lol, I had the same problem, felt like a bicycle tire and out of control taking turns. I'll take your advice. Thank you... by the way, how do you like the tires?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
On the street they are great, no issues. I like the kind of racing slick look. I kind of used to like the 4 wheel drive hum and the looks I used to get from the mudders though. These last much longer on the street and don't slide as much. Beware of wide paint strips on the street, pedestrian areas, stop light paint bars etc. I slid on those a few times.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same. I got 7000 out of the front and the rear could maybe go 8000 more. The front was bald on top and the knobby on the sides would grab on those street reflectors hard enough to pull the bike out of control. Anyway thank you for the advice.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
CYCLE GEAR mounted them and put 45psi rear, 35psi front. Is the stock tire pressure any different then these tw204? Just wondering because its more of a road tire.
No difference, but you still want to adjust them depending on the rider weight and the terrain you're riding on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts