TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my stock front tire down to justify a tire change!!! Now I can put on the Kenda 270 5.10-18 that is waiting to get to work since October. Anybody uses this tire as font tire, what tire pressure do you have it at?

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
I finally got my stock front tire down to justify a tire change!!! Now I can put on the Kenda 270 5.10-18 that is waiting to get to work since October. Anybody uses this tire as font tire, what tire pressure do you have it at?
18 is a nice all round pressure

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I just put the Shinko goldenboy of same size on mine which I think is about the same tire. I tried one short pavement ride with it at 30 psi, way too much vibration. Couldn't tell in the mirrors if that car following me was a cop, it was. Luckily he didn't pull me over....lol. I put it at 15 psi for dirt riding which was nice and noticed on some pavement the vibration was complety gone but too low for any kind of distance. I'm gonna slowly drop from 30 to find the sweet spot. Are you running "ride on" in your tubes?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just put the Shinko goldenboy of same size on mine which I think is about the same tire. I tried one short pavement ride with it at 30 psi, way too much vibration. Couldn't tell in the mirrors if that car following me was a cop, it was. Luckily he didn't pull me over....lol. I put it at 15 psi for dirt riding which was nice and noticed on some pavement the vibration was complety gone but too low for any kind of distance. I'm gonna slowly drop from 30 to find the sweet spot. Are you running "ride on" in your tubes?

No, I don't use"ride on" but was thinking of getting some since nobody can balance motorcycle tires here on the island.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts