TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I wouldn't go below 18psi. 22 rear and 18 front is how we roll. 2 up in the back side of nowhere and no cell service, that is the way we ride. You just don't need a flat. Any traction area that is questionable, is just taken at a slower pace.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Agree. 18 psi minimum for two up on gravel. Probably 22 or even 26 on pavement. Assuming the pillion is around 125 or more. With an 80 lb. kid you could get by with less.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
i run 17 front and back, 2-up or single, pavement or dirt, spring, summer and fall. winter, not too fussy

·
Registered
426 Posts
How much for a solo fat dude? I am 255-265 depending on what I had for lunch...
mysticbus,
I'm 6' 2.5" and approximately 245 + or -. And I've run right at 4 psi front and 8 psi in the rear for off roading. I've been in all riding conditions, minus snow and, so far, that psi in both tires has caused absolutely ZERO issues. Lower tire pressure is a must for a better ride and the bike likes it too because, it doesn't have to work so hard to get through sandy washes and loose gravel situations.
Scott

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
mysticbus,
I'm 6' 2.5" and approximately 245 + or -. And I've run right at 4 psi front and 8 psi in the rear for off roading. I've been in all riding conditions, minus snow and, so far, that psi in both tires has caused absolutely ZERO issues. Lower tire pressure is a must for a better ride and the bike likes it too because, it doesn't have to work so hard to get through sandy washes and loose gravel situations.
Scott
you haven't had any side wall bruising, tubes pinched or rims dented with running that low a pressure?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts