TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit that I don't check tire pressure as often as I should. I just checked it and my rear was 32 and front was 30. When I looked in the manual, it has psi closer to 25 rear and 20 front. Is that right? I'm sure off road you guys keep it a bit lower, but on the street? Just curious what you guys keep yours at for street riding? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
When I looked in the manual, it has psi closer to 25 rear and 20 front. Is that right?
My 2010 manual says 18 front 22 rear. 18/25 when at max load. 30/32 is REAL high, you're not going to get much tire mileage at that pressure. Your MPG will be better, though. I routinely run both mine at 12, but I'm only going 5 miles on the pavement. If I was doing more than that I'd go up to the recommended pressure.

Motorcycle tires lose pressure faster than car tires, they should be checked once a month.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The bike was feeling a little harsh over bumps...Now I know why! By the way, this is how she came from the dealer...they obviously didn't know what pressure to put them at!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts