TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
I run 18lb in the 241 in the sand, mud and on the road. Although I hate mud just based on having to clean it :)

For me 18lb is fine for the front tire, in fact great, for the riding I do which is a daily (try to ride every day) mix of asphalt road at 55+MPH and Sand Roads (2-3" loose stuff) @ 5 to 40 MPH and then jaunts in deep sand (6"+) at whatever speed I can keep it on two wheels which with the 241 is now not a concern at all. I used to fear for my life when the stock tire was on there. I really can't say enough about this tire being a major improvement over stock. If I was in the deep stuff for any long period of time I would lower the pressure more but i'm in and out of it thankfully.

As far as the rear tire I have not settled on a figure yet and won't do so until my new works performance shock is mounted. I'm hoping it comes today that would be a great fathers day! :)

I now carry a mini compressor with me so I can tweak it trying to find what works best in the back but with a new shock all the metrics may change, we'll see....

As Scotti has already said, these are TUBE type tires...not tubeless.

In the "sand"...I run 8 psi on the rear tire, and 13 psi on my front tire, which is a Shinko 241 Trials tire.

Yo, Scotti, that 22 psi in the front tire is quite a bit of air pressure. Does that work for you off-road or in the mud ?

When not riding in the "sand", I generally run 15-18 in my front tire...but never above 18. We all have our preferences.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
As Scotti has already said, these are TUBE type tires...not tubeless.

In the "sand"...I run 8 psi on the rear tire, and 13 psi on my front tire, which is a Shinko 241 Trials tire.

Yo, Scotti, that 22 psi in the front tire is quite a bit of air pressure. Does that work for you off-road or in the mud ?

When not riding in the "sand", I generally run 15-18 in my front tire...but never above 18. We all have our preferences.
If I go much lower in the front, it seems to wander all over the trails. I'm thinking the knobs must be deflecting a little more with the lower tire pressure giving it that "wandering" feel.

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
32 psi in my Heidenau front tire. 32 psi for asphalt, dirt, sand, rocks, etc. 99% of my riding is on paved roads. Less than 32 psi and the angle wear of the knobs is accelerated. I also emphasize the use of the back brake for the same reason.

Somewhere around 14K to 15K miles on the tire and it looks like it will last a good while longer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts