TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tire spoons. what brand or type works best. I am going to put some new skins on the TW soon. watched a few videos looks like a set of three spoons are needed. I have changed motorcycle and bicycle tires but it was a loooong time back oh my close to 40 years ago and only screwdrivers to work with. patched a lot of tubes.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I bought these Motion Pro ones from Motorcycle-Superstore. I bought three of them and I am glad I did. I also bought the Bead Buddy and it works great!

I love the shape of the "spoon" end. They are a good length as I pack them on my TW when I go for ride. They could be a little longer but they worked well when I mounted my front and back tires.

I've mounted three tires with them so far and they have paid for themselves.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I bought these Motion Pro ones from Motorcycle-Superstore. I bought three of them and I am glad I did. I also bought the Bead Buddy and it works great!

I love the shape of the "spoon" end. They are a good length as I pack them on my TW when I go for ride. They could be a little longer but they worked well when I mounted my front and back tires.

I've mounted three tires with them so far and they have paid for themselves.

+1 on the motion pro spoons

·
Registered
459 Posts
If you are going to carry them with you on the trail, I recommend these. Eliminates the need to carry an axle wrench and ratchet.

T-6 wrenches

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Likely the options posted represent some of the best approaches to handling tire changing. I went in a 'slightly' direction for a couple of reasons.

Since I had already started assembling a 'on-the-bike' tool kit, when I went shopping for tire irons, I was looking for something that would fit into my tool bag. Being mrgizmow, I am also trying to make my tools as adaptable to many tasks as possible. These tire irons have worked fine the four times they were used, but the longer units mentioned above would likely be even better. The mod for the axle wrench affords some flexibility and has been up to the task the two times I have used it. I like that "Bead Buddy" and will put it on my Christmas list and then see if I can stuff it into my tool bag. Gerry

p.s. I don't use large lettering because my info merits more attention. I post large because I generally don't use my glasses as much as I should and large lettering makes my 'proof-reading' so much easier. So bazaar (
).

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Luvs me some Gizmodz..

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Gerry,

I have a bead buddy and as far as I can tell, it does not fit the back tire at all. I can't get it to work. Maybe I'm not doing it correctly, but it seems too short to me. It will not reach the rim if hooked to the spokes. Have not tried it on the front.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts