TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
View attachment 29047 the bike has been lowered in the rear with a v-star shock and the front forks were raised an inch and a half. also, I feel that I am easy on the front break. what ya think?
That tire is finished! Buy the Shinko road tires recommended to you in another thread.

Tom

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Higher air pressure will help. Try using only the rear brake and adding in the front brake only as necessary. It takes a little practice. Of course in an emergency don't worry about tire wear.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
ok then, off it goes! i hate to toss the rear tire though because it seems like it would be good for a couple years yet.
If the rear looks like the front it must go as well. Furthermore, if you settle on the Shinko road oriented tire you will want the rear to match. If the rear is in serviceable condition maybe go with a trials tire like the SR 241.

Tom

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
the rear looks good, so i was thinking just replace the front, and when the rear goes bad then i will scrap them both for street tires. sound ok?
Sure does. The 241 is the flavor of the month and it is very reasonably priced.

Tom

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
You got loooong life out of that tire. I went with the IRC brand trials tire on front.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
T16 001.JPG T16 003.JPG

Michelin T63....mine on the 2014 looks like this after 4600 miles, Montezuma Nick's has 5200 he put it on with 1 mile on his 2015, and both look, thread wise, like new...our rear tires are starting to show just a bit of wear{stock rear} and will probably change those around 10 thousand miles....

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
I am biased towards softer compound tires for enhanced cornering traction at expense of some tire life. In my opinion a friend's T-63 seemed to go "thump-thump-thump" on asphalt while making me feel front was at same time a little squirrely frequently darting left and right of my intended line by an inch or two. However that T-63 was new with possibly low air pressure allowing excessive tread block flex. Unless it is front wheel drive I wouldn't ask a rear tire designed to dig and brake to also manage much cornering loads.
With the little nubs still on the sidewall after 4600 miles it seems like Hoot doesn't lay his bike over and corner like a raped ape racing on the Isle of Man TT....just good fun cruisin';)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts