·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Pick your poison either will do

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Kenda K270 and Shinko SR244

is the Kenda on the left and the Shinko on the right?...very different profiles...i would go with the one on the left personally, little more of a contact patch when leaned over on the road

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah. I think I might do the Kenda. It' does look like a better profile. More rounded. The shinko deff looks like a back tire.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The Shinko SR244 is made to be a front or rear tire, that is why I bought one.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Two thumbs up for the shinko. Don't think you can go wrong with either.

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
How's that tire been for you?

I agree with PalmStateCrawler, you won't be disappointed in either a Kenda 270 or Shinko SR 244. When mounted, my SR244 (5.10) is not as flat looking in the above photo's. Matter of fact, it's quite rounded. SR244 is not the end all of tires, but I've been really satisfied with it, both off-road and pavement.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I went with the shinko 244 in the 5.10 width and I really like it. It looks so big that I thought it would handle weird, but it has been very predictable and WAAAAAAYYYYY better than the stock tire was! I have no experience with the Kenda K270, but from the looks of it they would be about the same.

As Admiral mentioned above, you can never judge a tires profile without it being on the same width rim you are using.. The width of the rim you put a tire on changes it's profile.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
What about height? Are they taller than a stock tire? Us short legged types need to know these things.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
If there is a difference it is not noticeable. My fiancee is 5'3" and if she can ride her bike with a 34" seat height a midget should be able to handle the little tdub!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
If there is a difference it is not noticeable. My fiancee is 5'3" and if she can ride her bike with a 34" seat height a midget should be able to handle the little tdub!
I'm two inches taller than your fiance, but I've got two compressed disc's in my lower back, a numb left leg, and arthritis in my right knee and hip. I can handle the bike fine at stock tire height, but ANY difference is important to me. I'd like to know which tire is closest to stock height, the 5.10 or the 4.60, does anybody know for sure?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'm two inches taller that your fiance, but I've got two compressed disc's in my lower back, a numb left leg, and arthritis in my right knee and hip. I can handle the bike fine at stock tire height, but ANY difference is important to me. I'd like to know which tire is closest to stock height, the 5.10 or the 4.60, does anybody know for sure?

r80rt,

I measured the height difference between the stock front Trail Wing and my new Shinko 244 5.10 about a month ago. I can't remember the exact numbers; all I can remember is that it was pretty much insignificant. However, if you can wait until tomorrow I can take a measurement for you (since I have one TW with the 244 and one TW with a stock Trail Wing).

Old White Truck

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
r80rt,

I measured the height difference between the stock front Trail Wing and my new Shinko 244 5.10 about a month ago. I can't remember the exact numbers; all I can remember is that it was pretty much insignificant. However, if you can wait until tomorrow I can take a measurement for you (since I have one TW with the 244 and one TW with a stock Trail Wing).

Old White Truck
Thank you sir, if it's not a problem for you I'd really appreciate it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts