TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TW I bought needs tires They hold air, but they are long gone.... So I've read a bunch, searched a bunch, now I'll just ask.

It's a farm bike. I want to run around the lawn and the woods, not tear it up, but not fall on my butt. I'll have the bike on the road from time to time, but never on the freeway or even out for any distance. Just out screwing around or a run to work.

What are my best options, and should I replace the tubes?

Tom

·
Super Moderator
18,168 Posts
The standard knobby they come with on the back works pretty good and many are happy with the Shinko Goldenboy, I think it is the 244. I like the 5.10 the wider selection. I would say if the tires are old, so is the tube and for safety, I would replace it if you can.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Pretty much the same as the aforementioned sr244.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,168 Posts
I mentioned the shinko because it is a little cheaper, but still an outstanding tire.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Tubes yes.....from what I've read,the above tire's mentioned do REALLY well. If the bike hasn't been rejetted,it'll run cooler and be more responsive.

·
Registered
287 Posts
+1
Trail wing 34 and Shinko 244 5.10 is an awesome combination. I was surprised, when I replaced my worn out stock tires (TW32 rear, I believe) I gained close to an inch of ride height! The originals had ZERO trad left.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Summit Racing has the Kenda and the TW34 in stock, on sale, and it's only $8 to ship them. PLus I have a Summit Card... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts