TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey T-Dub riders

I have Shinko's on my T-Dub now the rear lost tread to fast only got 1,000 miles on the tires.
Is that normal miles for those tires. Or should I get more miles on them.
What are some good tires for the T-Dub?
Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
How much tread depth you lost? Are your tires underinflated and used in high speeds? I have no experience with Shinkos but you shall specify the exact Shinko model for other users to help you. A picture would be helpful too. Best tires for mileage and mostly on-road use are the Bridgestone TW203 and TW204.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
A thousand is pretty weak for any tire.

For the trails, there are lots of good options. For street only, Bridgestone TW203 and 204 get my vote. I have added 1,500 miles on them and bought them used from a forum member who estimated they had around 1,000 when I bought them. Still going strong. I have the Shinko street tire on the rear of my 96. It is much slipperier, but not bad. Strikes me as a harder compound. Check out Dunlop K180s. They’re the knobbies from the Van Van. I kinda like em so far 750 miles street only.

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
May work better with one of these then: acme.jpg
EDIT: Seriously though Twran's 1000 mile tire life is highly unusual. However overseas I have seen name brand auto tires ( Pirelli) wear out in 20,000 km that similar branded models sold in US would last 80,000km. Perhaps TWran somehow got a counterfeit, or a Shinko from a faulty batch.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Specifically which rear tire only lasted 1000 miles?

Hell, I've had ultra soft trials tires on the back of a 70hp 500EXC (driven quite aggressively, with the wheel spinning more often than not) last that long. I find it really hard to believe a TW managed to burn through any rear that fast without some serious abuse.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey T-Dub riders

I have Shinko's on my T-Dub now the rear lost tread to fast only got 1,000 miles on the tires.
Is that normal miles for those tires. Or should I get more miles on them.
What are some good tires for the T-Dub?
Thanks
Wrong tire, wrong air pressure or untrue rim, unless your skidding/sliding to every stop.
Can you post a picture of tire, then we can better assist you.

Weight and terrain are also a question.

I ride my TW's really hard and get over 5k miles for rear tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts