TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I highly recommend the movie RUSH to you. It is about Formula 1 racing (Niki Lauda vs. James Hunt). Watching it should remind you of, but might not help you understand, a certain someone. As the move portrays Niki Lauda: Very intelligent and great talent, but having what some would call a God complex or something similar.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Would this not be more relevant if it was linked as a quote to Adam in Nevada in which ever of his threads you are thinking about?

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Not in this case. I was trying to show support for his effort to encourage someones positive side while discouraging their negative side. He did it without flaming or being abusive; yet got a rude response back. Posting in that thread would just fan the flame. I believe Adam-N-Nevada will know what I am referring to.
Thank you for clearing that up. I must have missed his original thread and had no idea what you were talking about. Just as I preach, some threads interest me while others I just click past and I will have to search and find the one you are referring to. Nice of you to consider not adding fuel to a fire.

GaryL

Reactions: Gerry

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Private Messaging must be broken again? ;)

Reactions: Joemama

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Private Messaging must be broken again? ;)
No NO No

If you really want to know the whole story you can find if you look hard enough.

But I do agree with Old on this one, the response was out of line.

Reactions: Gerry

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Haha, I know the whole story. That was just my filtered down, tongue-in-cheek version of the original post I was going to make that made references to Private Messaging (not fueling the fire) vs a public posting (passive aggressive).

:)

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Haha, I know the whole story. That was just my filtered down, tongue-in-cheek version of the original post I was going to make that made references to Private Messaging (not fueling the fire) vs a public posting (passive aggressive).

:)

:) Thanks

Reactions: bananachunks

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yeah, it seems there's quite a bit of imploding going on. As far as the one in question, I mostly went the other way. Probably a bias I have since moving to SF - so many people here telling you how to feel / not feel, nanny-isms, "correcting" you when you're wrong (don't be a negative Nancy!) that in my head I reacted the same way as was done. Oh wells.

Counting down the hours til my base gasket swap so I can finally tell them I'm not putting oil on their garage floor any more!

·
Registered
814 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts