1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are these buggers?
bw200.jpg
Guy is asking $1400 and says there are only about 4 hours on the engine
I dont know much about them aside from they are not road legal which dampers the ease of use for me as I need to go 2 miles to get on trails from my house,
This one looks pretty clean,
Whats a fair price for one of these ?
Peter B

·
Registered
160 Posts
that thing is rad. I see a few pop up around here in pittsburgh, but they are always way more, at 1400, i would bite on it if it were local to me, the ones around here sell for 2-3k and dont last very long.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I'd get it before some other forum member gets it IF you want it, hurry. ;) Nice price bro.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There is one for sale on Craig's for $300 near Phoenix says hasn't run for a while if I was anywhere near there I would get it! I think there awesome!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Close to Phoenix????? $300.00???? My brother lives in Tucson.......hmmmmm.....I can't join the club. Not enough money, time or space. But, a Baja Bug???? Not that would be the ticket. lol

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
It's not to far from me.. That's is one of the nicer one's I've seen.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I called and emailed the guy with no answer or reply as of yet,
Lets see what happens.
This one is a little closer to you. 1985 Yamaha BW200
There was a lot 5 or 6 in the central Ohio a few months ago. I was interested in the BW for a while. Then I bought my second TW.
I found a few on CL, Price range from $5000 to $1500 OBO. These are KY., Tenn, Ohio, Va. Penn.
Good luck

·
Registered
102 Posts
If it's in nj I'm buying it! It's like a big fluffy minibike that will go thro n over anything even saved my bacon a few times where if I had been riding my dirtbike up the hill it would of caught the deep rain rut and I'd have gone over.It won't go fast but it makes you feel all warm n fuzzy inside I call it the hero complex when I ride that bike all grins n smiles an no wrongs. 1400 is a very good price I'd love to ride a 350 but not liking what people sell em for..the tw is alot more practical being it's legal n bw isnt.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No skin off my teeth,
If the guy gets back in touch with me Ill go and look at it,
If not,
Ill keep looking for the 1970 FLH I always wanted,
I currently have a couple bikes and really don't need it,
I just want it for a couple of years ! ! !
Peter B

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Sure, if you are 1/4 the size of LittleTommy......or 1/3 the size of me....or 1/2 the size mhomadness (Mike)...or 3/4 the size just about anyone else.

I loved the 1980 CT110 we had, but it was small.

BTW, if anyone wants a CT90...I know of a fellow forum Misfit that has 4 of them.....FOUR of them....sitting in his backyard shed, in NorCal. :eek:

Hey!!!:eek:;) I had one too and it hauled my fat butt around pretty nicely!!:D And I was a lot bigger than I am right now!!:p

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Mike; Pretty soon; I'll be thinner than you!!!;):D(if I can stay on my diet, without seeing a donut) And, you'll be the fat boy around here!!:p

·
Registered
604 Posts
Sure, if you are 1/4 the size of LittleTommy......or 1/3 the size of me....or 1/2 the size mhomadness (Mike)...or 3/4 the size just about anyone else.

I loved the 1980 CT110 we had, but it was small.

BTW, if anyone wants a CT90...I know of a fellow forum Misfit that has 4 of them.....FOUR of them....sitting in his backyard shed, in NorCal. :eek:
Who is this?

Reactions: TWilight

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
LT, have you checked.....up in there.....to see if that CT90 is still "hauling your fat butt around pretty nicely" ??? :eek:
I had the 110 at the time like you did. A bit more powerful than the 90's but NOT much!! ;)

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
How are these buggers?
View attachment 29622
Guy is asking $1400 and says there are only about 4 hours on the engine
I dont know much about them aside from they are not road legal which dampers the ease of use for me as I need to go 2 miles to get on trails from my house,
This one looks pretty clean,
Whats a fair price for one of these ?
Peter B
if it's a legit listing thats a freakin steal you could double your money parting it out

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like donuts and that's Mr fat boy to you! Muhahaha. I'm dying to go out to garage and try to start bw or at least bounce up n down on it making motorcycle noises.I won't ride it tho if fiance catches me I'll be in hot water,my luck I'll bounce up n down on it bike falls over in garage on me and messes up my arm I had surgery on just my luck.hahaha

1 - 20 of 26 Posts