TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,616 Posts
You are absolutely right, @Gullyjumper . When @SpeedyTide and I first met up for a ride, I had told him prior I planned on doing the Seven Bridges Ride one night. One crosses every bridge (and one twice of course since an odd number) over the St, Johns River in Jacksonville where he lives. Said he was game and off we went. It was about 130 mile ride for me and about 110 miles for him.

Well, Speedy turned out to be a rather bad influence on his TW. I didn't get home till after 3 am that night. Little did I know that would not be the first time this would happen. I don't know how the T-Dubs put up with this sorta thing. Even mules need some rest!!!

I have logged many miles riding as a loner on different bikes in years past and probably about 95% has been such. Since our first ride together 8 months ago, I would say only about 40% of my rides have been in solitude. While I still enjoy the solitude rides as we all do, I must say I have really enjoyed the camaraderie as well.

As @Workingman said, REMEMBER IT'S THE JOURNEY NOT THE DESTINATION . I am bad to turn around when something catches my eye or go explore a side road from the side road I am already on. SpeedyTide seems to be that way as well. We decided to ride up to Fargo, Georgia one day. I think it took us four different trips before we finally made it all the way there this past Thursday. And it's only 45 miles away!

Good times, Ride on Speedy, Tide on!

Marty
That is cool to hear a couple of riders getting together for rides and having fun. Awesome!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
That is cool to hear a couple of riders getting together for rides and having fun. Awesome!
From your Awesome Videos, you would know quite a lot about that!

Cheers, from beautiful cloudy, cool and damp Florida! No sunshine here last several days.

Marty

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You are absolutely right, @Gullyjumper . When @SpeedyTide and I first met up for a ride, I had told him prior I planned on doing the Seven Bridges Ride one night. One crosses every bridge (and one twice of course since an odd number) over the St, Johns River in Jacksonville where he lives. Said he was game and off we went. It was about 130 mile ride for me and about 110 miles for him.

Well, Speedy turned out to be a rather bad influence on his TW. I didn't get home till after 3 am that night. Little did I know that would not be the first time this would happen. I don't know how the T-Dubs put up with this sorta thing. Even mules need some rest!!!

I have logged many miles riding as a loner on different bikes in years past and probably about 95% has been such. Since our first ride together 8 months ago, I would say only about 40% of my rides have been in solitude. While I still enjoy the solitude rides as we all do, I must say I have really enjoyed the camaraderie as well.

As @Workingman said, REMEMBER IT'S THE JOURNEY NOT THE DESTINATION . I am bad to turn around when something catches my eye or go explore a side road from the side road I am already on. SpeedyTide seems to be that way as well. We decided to ride up to Fargo, Georgia one day. I think it took us four different trips before we finally made it all the way there this past Thursday. And it's only 45 miles away!

Good times, Ride on Speedy, Tide on!

Marty
Yeah, and only reason we finally made it to Fargo, is we loaded bikes up in the truck to drive straight there!! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Scooterbrained

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
And, to think I was thinking of selling it! 🤔

Glad I didn't!! Will soon eclipse 8k miles!!
Again.....glad I didn't sell it!

Now just over 11k miles!!

Think meetin' that @Scooterbrained fella had some to do with those miles. :cool:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Again.....glad I didn't sell it!

Now just over 11k miles!!

Think meetin' that @Scooterbrained fella had some to do with those miles. :cool:
Be careful there Jeff, he can be a bad influence. I wouldn't ride with him myself. If I had the choice!

Marty

21 - 26 of 26 Posts