TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally got braces. Insurance decided after two years of knowing it was harmful they would approve fixing my mouth. Luckily, the caught me at nearly 17 years old rather than dead. First off, I have a tooth behind a gap. So, they have to expand the gap and then bring the tooth forward. I also need basically the roof of my mouth expanded so I can breathe properly. ( I also have asthma ). I think they said something about my jaw too (how lucky can I get). On the bright side, I have two years of pain :D I thought I would share since I'm not getting much sleep tonight. Oh, and fork boots arrived. Sending them back Monday. They are 13 inches long and 2 inches in diameter. I wasn't exactly tickled pink about that either :p but, I guess that's life sometimes.

Sent from Android for Nook Tablet using Taptalk

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Yo, metalmouth, now you can tune in to Sirius XM without paying the bill.

Fork boots are longer than necessary. Compress them and measure to see if they will fit on your compressed forks. If so, use them.

Reactions: tcepilot

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks and I tried the boots. Zip tied them all the way down, still too much room. But I'm exchanging them. And I don't think they will do surgery. What they are planning on doing is using a spring like thing to push it out over time. Thanks though :) doing better on day 2, just can't use my front teeth without a lot of pain.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chin up! 2 years'll go in a blink.
Should have got braces as a kid. Didn't.
Paying the price now, no insurance.
Oh I'm happy about it for sure. Just something odd to get used to :)

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I should have had braces as a kid too, wide gap between the front teeth but my family could not afford such cosmetics back in the early 1960s. Today I can eat corn on the cob and leave a real nice row of kernels all the way around so I can go back for seconds. Every other tooth in my mouth is plumb straight but one! I always kind of figured, hoped actually, that I would get it knocked out some where along the line and God knows I sure tried!

SO you will be a metal mouth for a couple years. Now is the time of your life to get it done and be thankful you are there.

GaryL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts