TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the milder weather and the garage insulation project almost done, being out in the garage is enjoyable. It's really hard trying to adjust valves when your hands are cold and shaking, which is what I did last winter.
Tonight after work, the '13 finally has the Seat Concepts seat installed, and I installed the hand/lever guards on the '96. Enjoyable not freezing the "nether regions" off when working on the bikes!

Total maint. on the '13 this winter included:
adj. valves
change oil, clean filter
service air filter
service battery
replace O-rings on valve covers and cam cover
replace rear tire
grease swing arm
replace front brake pads
change fork oil
replace spark plug
new seat

The '96 which is my "buddy bike'. Gets ridden seldom:
O-ring chain
hand guards
new Battery Tender battery on the way

Should be all set for this riding season.:D

seat.JPG

handguards.JPG

I highly recommend the PT50 stapler from Arrow. Stapled all the insulation in the ceiling of my garage before I did the seat cover. 1,000's of staples and not a single jam. I also ordered stainless steel staples for the seat install. Didn't know they were available in T-50 size staples.

staples.JPG

·
Registered
779 Posts
If you did the steering head bearings, the bike would be brand new! Not that you need them! Mine was funny, seemed overnight they went from fine to fried. Then I did just ablut your excact list while I was at it.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you did the steering head bearings, the bike would be brand new! Not that you need them! Mine was funny, seemed overnight they went from fine to fried. Then I did just ablut your excact list while I was at it.
The '13 head bearings are still smooth. The'96 were really tight and notchy when I bought it a few years ago and replaced them with All Balls brand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts