TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find out some information about some place in the Toms River, NJ, Pine Barrens area where they let you ride ATVs and such. I know you can ride TWs, Jeeps and anything that’s registered for the street in the pine barrens, but someone told me there is a guy who owns hundreds of acres of land there and lets ATVs and other none registered motor vehicles ride for a fee. Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks,

JP

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is a great web site I will be going to Northern Calif and Oregon for a few weeks next month and we will be doing a lot of riding so the site is great for trails.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Tony!

There is a place off routes 70 and 37 on my way to Toms River that I think used to be a big sand mining operation. I haven't been there in a few years. Each time there seemed to be more housing built blocking your way in. I don't know if it's legal, I went back in a jeep. Best bet is to find someone that is actually local and goes there for full info.

The Pine Barrens run most of South Jersey, there are miles of dirt roads to get lost on but there has been a lot of scrutiny on the people using the trails/roads lately. Some is true and some is blown out of proportion. There are some enduro clubs in South Jersey that you could look up that are aware of the issues and know the best places to go.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you found any good spots near TR yet? I'm thinking about checking out Wharton State Forest, but would be nice to stay local...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts