TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This evening is the "Super Moon" o f2017...the biggest and brightest of the year...I got out this afternoon and took some sunset photos, then went out along the west side of Grand Lake and waited on "Super Moon"...got a good dozen shots, still downloading and working on them...here is one of the best so far IMO

DSC02096 (1).JPG

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
This evening is the "Super Moon" o f2017...the biggest and brightest of the year...I got out this afternoon and took some sunset photos, then went out along the west side of Grand Lake and waited on "Super Moon"...got a good dozen shots, still downloading and working on them...here is one of the best so far IMO

View attachment 141634
Nice Hoot! I saw your name under this thread and just knew there would be some pictures posted. This motivated me to go take a few of my own! :D I will post them as soon as I can. Not too sure of what I have just yet.

Tom

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was out for a few hours...and before the "Super Moon" came up and over the lake, the Sunset wasn't bad either...this is "Windy Point" about a 1/2 mile from Montezuma's place, and where I spent many hours fishing, drinking, and looking at young women, back in my Teen Age/High School Days...the place is quiet these days, the lake is not what it used to be, but I still have a million memories....;)

View attachment 141698

DSC02025 (1).JPG

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Went out and took a look around 10:00pm. Bright but didn't look that "Super" at that point. Guess I missed it.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went out and took a look around 10:00pm. Bright but didn't look that "Super" at that point. Guess I missed it.
It began coming up over the Lake at around 6:15 about an hour after sundown....the approaching clouds from the west made the sunset pretty nice, then the haze over Grand Lake turned the Moon Orange for the first hour or so after arrival:

View attachment 141737 View attachment 141745 View attachment 141753 View attachment 141761 View attachment 141769

·
Registered
20,157 Posts
Took my doggie for a walk hoping to super moon my neighbors but at 28 degrees no one else was out and about. After seeing the Thanksgiving bear’s photo I had slipped the pistol rather than the camera in my pocket so no pictures. Sure was pretty though. Light overcast overhead and light snow underfoot spread the moonlight around nicely. The moon itself was a little indistinct but surrounding peaks and snow flocked trees all had a magical glow. I am admittedly a lunatic.:p

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Took my doggie for a walk hoping to super moon my neighbors but at 28 degrees no one else was out and about. After seeing the Thanksgiving bear’s photo I had slipped the pistol rather than the camera in my pocket so no pictures. Sure was pretty though. Light overcast overhead and light snow underfoot spread the moonlight around nicely. The moon itself was a little indistinct but surrounding peaks and snow flocked trees all had a magical glow. I am admittedly a lunatic.:p
You mean lunartic........

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts