TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Nice! are you running with the stock rear shock or did you update the spring? rear shock bottom out at all over large bumps? I'm getting mine ready for some 2up riding as well.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Great on two-up, and awesome meeting you guys in Moab!

The forum software automatically rotates mobile pics taken in portrait to landscape :/

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha!! No leaves here!!

Great meeting all of you as well! I think seeing all the fun in Moab got her hooked! Hmmm. Another Tdub may be in our future! Gonna try a little longer/ faster ride tomorrow.

No suspension upgrades yet. Nice and slow on paved roads. Rear felt ok, but the front dives a lot on braking. I am thinking will have to upgrade the fork springs if we make a habit of the 2 up.

Anybody have suggestions on that? ( fresh oil and adjustment would probably help)

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
Loaded and ready for some 2up camping. Stock springs and forks. Did great on the pavement and some logging roads.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congratulations...
We enjoyed meeting both of you in Moab...
Mrs Trip says she's hoping there's a bunch of girls to ride with next year!

PS...that looks familiar!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks familiar Rhodetrip!! About all we have around here, dirt and cactus!

Gldnhtr, looks good loaded down for some fun! Good to know that the stock suspension is up to the task. My fork and oil are original, so a tuneup might be enough.

CactusTom we will have to get together for some riding!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
My wife and I went 2up a few weeks back when the weather broke, facing the wind the Dub was struggling to maintain 55; however, with the wind against our backs we were traveling at 60 in no time. She felt a little squirrelly in the front but that's a common trait of riding 2 up anything. The Dub handles most obsticals with grace ;) with little to no finesse from the rider. Great bikes!

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
Hey Azxj91. We tried 2up, then quickly determined we each need our own bike. So last month we did. View attachment 28040
By the way. We ride them in the desert south & east of Sahuarita.
Yes my wife now rides her own TW as well. Funny she also has a 150cc scooter as well:/ But that's ok I have 4 boats. So I say were even.:)

Better not forget her scooter:)

P6020164.JPG

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Two-Up in Moab
I give all of these folks a lot of credit.
Rode a good bit with Pacific Bill and Arlene... they are a pretty good team handling any of the rough spots without any trouble at all...

Mrs Trip and I had the distinct pleasure of riding with Plumbstraight and Sandy. I think Randall is pretty unflappable, and could pilot just about anything, anywhere.

And I'm very sorry to admit, but with the helmets on, I'm not sure who these folks are... but they were awesome and fun to ride with!

Mrs Trip and I tried 2-up... she said "no way, I'm riding my own!" I don't think she trusts me. :D

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Two-Up in Moab

And I'm very sorry to admit, but with the helmets on, I'm not sure who these folks are... but they were awesome and fun to ride with!

:D
I think this is Eckhart (ejfranz) and his wife Linda.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey twilight ! Welcome back!! Glad we had the chance to meet you in Moab! Glad you enjoyed the cookies, but they were a miniscule contribution compared to all that YOU did. So thank you again!!

I witnessed some of the 2 UP riding skill in Moab, and was very impressed! I know my skills are no where near that level. We are both new to it. We will try some more rides around the neighborhood and see how it goes. "Practice" . There has been some talk about another bike and her learning to ride........ hmmmmmmm....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts