TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
I owned #6, a 1972 TM400 and #7 a 1972 H1 500

Scary? Well... duhhhhh

Wasn't that the whole reason to own a motorcycle? For the rush? I'd scare the crap out of my self from one red light to the next red light.

I'd loop that TM400 almost every time I tried to ride it. It's best use; chasing down jackrabbits out in the cow pasture. Man that bike could catch rabbits!

Registered
That original GSX-R changed the motorcycle world forever, it took years for other manufacturers to catch up. It's also just nice to look at. My RM-400 was the scariest. At the time I was a little heavy handed, now I would enjoy it.

Registered
Yes, I'll admit I was one of the crazy #4 owners that stuffed Yamaha RD 350-400 engines into the little 90 ATC's without any suspension to get a bigger thrill. Never broke a bone or got injured in any way, but two of my friends did and saw many mangled messes at the dunes back in the 70-80's. I even had a friend that stuffed #7 into a #4. Now that was a crazy death trap!

Registered
When working in ND I ran into a fellow that did a lot of ebay trading on bikes. He had a crotch rocket of a bike. 350hp. I had to see it as I thought wow, now that bike engine would sure be the ticket on an experimental aircraft. Not, to heavy. It was a 4cyl built to the max and then some. Had nitrous on it and things I had never heard of. He had it on a track in Texas and was told not to exceed 180, ha, he thought oh well, I am off the track after this straightaway. He was clocked at 238, black flagged and told to never come back lol.

Registered
Went from riding the tw to riding my dads (and now mine) Fj1100.

Boy what a difference in the two. Its a project bike/needs a lot of work too. Makes for a scary ride.

Registered
I owned that first year Gixxer (slightly modifed, lol) and it truely was everything the guy said it was. Mine was tricked to be even more so. But I did love the thrill.:p
Gixzer2 (Medium).jpg

Registered
I had a 1970 Kawi H1 just like the red one in the picture. Still amazes me l lived through owning it for several years. Lots of fun memories too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts