TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member and it seems like you guys know a lot about what to do to the TW. So what are your guys top 5 mods that you recommend?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the rack, what seat pad do u recommend?

·
Registered
572 Posts
See if you can get Fastway pegs for the TW, Jimbo shield is nothing get a Cee Bailey Baja, and get some protection, about the same price.Cyclerack is nice once you get it to fit. I would opt for higher handlebars, and a larger fuel tank.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got a magnetic oil drain plug. Not.sure if the guy on this site is still selling them. Feel free to chime in if anyone knows? This is one thing that i think is good to do early while still in the break in and still helps afterwards

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mods depend on how you will ride it. Always trail? Always street? Want more low torque, or do you want to make 1st gear taller? Doing higher elevations, flat plains or desert? Telling us more and that will help to make the advice more helpful to you.

dan

·
Registered
566 Posts
If trail riding, higher bars, pegs and a more aggressive front tire move towards the top of the list.

Tune the carb should maybe be the first thing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in a small town in Wisconsin. I would say I will be doing about 90 percent street riding, no more than 30 miles per hour. I will be traveling into the country some what, but not a whole lot. I bought the bike because first, I love the look of the TW, plus my scooter, yes I said scooter, did not have enough power to push me around. I will also be taking it up to Michigan a couple of times a year to ride the trails.

Also, how often and what kind of oil do you guys recommend? I am going to change it here soon and I would like to know what you guys recommend running in her.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
96 Posts
Alot of people on here run the Mobile One 4T in 10w 40.I also do.Shifts real well with that oil.As far as how often to change the oil,it is up to you.I change mine twice a year,do I need to,no,but at $10 a quart its cheap insurance.Some people change theirs when they can't see to the other side of the sight glass.Thats to long for me.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Alot of people on here run the Mobile One 4T in 10w 40.I also do.Shifts real well with that oil.As far as how often to change the oil,it is up to you.I change mine twice a year,do I need to,no,but at $10 a quart its cheap insurance.Some people change theirs when they can't see to the other side of the sight glass.Thats to long for me.

+1 On the Mobil 1 4T in 10w 40

Shifts noticeably better.

I change oil at 1000 miles

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do u change filter every time too?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
No the filter is reusable. I spray it off with compressed air, maybe scrub it with a tooth brush and some WD 40 if it has any crud. Just change it if you think it needs it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
In random order

1.) Bars / Risers / Handgaurds = 1 mod if done all at once!!

2.) Pegs

3.) Needle Shim /Inline fuel filter

4.) Ehaust

5.) Round Headlight

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
1.) Hand guards

2.)Cyclerack

3.)Front Tire

4.)foot pegs

5.)12volt outlet

6.)o-ring chain

·
Registered
250 Posts
Didn't mention the year, so my #1 is a kick-starter. Nothing worse than a dead battery when you are in the woods.

#2 is handlebar risers. Much more comfortable for tall folk, and a pre-requisite for #3

#3 4.1 gallon / 15 litre Clarke tank. Suddenly gas stations become forgotten.

#4 Jimbo shield. With all that range, you'll want a bit more comfort for the long rides.

#5 Hand guards. Because shit happens and straightening a bent clutch lever can be a pain!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts