1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
385 Posts
When i tried, it wanted a company name. I entered one, but would not work. Did this happen for you? Or is the nut between my keyboard and chair a little loose?

I got out the torque wrench, the one Marissa Tomei used in My Cousin Vinny, you know, the accurate one??? Anyway, the one question about my company, at the bottom, no matter how I tried, it would not accept my answer - UNTIL I entered a fake company name. All set now. I ordered one too.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Checkout had some quirks but it was probably just me. I entered my zip and it said it didn't exist so it gave me a list to pick from. One was a zip that I used to have before they changed it 10 years ago. I entered it and when I checked out I noticed the company name was my correct zip code. I left it. Maybe the UPS guy will figure it out.

I read some reviews on these cases and they seem to be ok. Not up to par with Pelican but not terribly worse. I need some waterproof cases for canoeing and riding in rain. Thanks Tuber.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Just ordered mine - thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't have any trouble with a company name...I just didn't fill in that space. Somewhere it did ask if the order was for a business, I think they cater mostly to industry. I have Pelican cases too, but this one is smaller and way too cheap not to use. Some people don't like the latches but they seem fine to me

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Man, I got the boxes today and I'm impressed. They're very sturdy cases, not cheap flexible plastic...nice o-ring seal. The hinges, latches, and handles all have strong steel pins. Quality foam. For me the size is perfect for either a rack top box or panniers. I sort of wished I'd have ordered a couple more at the $6 shipping deal. I see the price is still the same with the promo code but now the shipping has gone up.

Thanks again for posting the deal Tuber.:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks for the tip Tuber. Just pulled the trigger on a pair. I don't know if I'm using them as a top box or panniers. Even with the current shipping rate, they came only to $25/each.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol...of course a week after I order they run a sale price then drop the shipping too=======:eek:

·
Registered
487 Posts
lol...of course a week after I order they run a sale price then drop the shipping too=======:eek:
Be proactive. An email to the company with a link to this thread and you could probably get them to refund your shipping altogether. ( if you are so inclined ) Pointing out all the sales that you helped generate would grease the skids for sure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts