TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. flat road I can hit 70 mph with only a 15 tooth front sprocket, air box drilled and spark arrestor drilled. The bike pulls strong and runs great. I was planning on a carb jet and new DG exhaust. Should I even mess with it. I dont really care about much more power but like the look of a aluminum exhaust can. Maybe I will have my stock pipe chromed?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the DG-O and honestly you won't notice much in the way of performance gains. However, it looks great and sounds 100 times better. I'm also using the 1" Quiet Insert.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I got a air pod and full exhaust on mine. Now my bike is primarily used for urban riding. I had to jet it bigger. No matter what you do to the TW unless your gonna change the gears your not going to get alot of speed out of it. The bike is designed for torque to hit trails.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Typically, drilling the airbox allows more airflow, thus leaning the mixture.

Some of the more common signs of running lean are a surge with the throttle held steady, popping and banging on decel, and a noticeably hotter engine. You can also look at the spark plug, it should be a light coffee color, or light tan, but that can be misleading. The carb tuning sticky in the technical help forum has some good insight on this.

In my opinion, if you're getting that kind of performance and it's not running too lean, you should just run it. The old saying is don't fix it if it isn't broke.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Title says it all. flat road I can hit 70 mph with only a 15 tooth front sprocket, air box drilled and spark arrestor drilled. The bike pulls strong and runs great. I was planning on a carb jet and new DG exhaust. Should I even mess with it. ?
If it runs good don't mess with it... unless you love spending quite a bit time retuning.

jb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts