TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
This could be an option to mount to tinman Tims pannier racks. I've been interested lately in the idea of side loaded panniers. Would just have to build some sort of shelving or storage system within. Plus that whole set up would be >$200 which is nice.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
104 Posts
I like that too. It's taller than my current box. I ordered one and will give it a try on the CycleRack.

--
Richard (a.k.a. LiquidSilver)

91 TW200 / 03 VRSCA / 05 Polaris Sportsman 500 / Honda Helix CN250

·
Registered
5,843 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine came yesterday.

It's a good case and looks plenty sturdy. I mounted it on the cycle rack with two (2) j-bolts and wingnuts for easy removal. (I have to remove it to install the CycleRacks panniers.)

The shell is not very forgiving so don't distort the case at all by mounting it up against the rear lip. Any flexing and it won't shut. I don't see this as a problem, but it might influence mounting decisions.

I'll add a small padlock to ensure it stays closed.

For the price... It's worth it.

--

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Just mounted the case to my Cyclerack, I used 4 J bolts I plastidipped, I'll get some hardware tomorrow to mount the milk crate to the top of the case. For the $$ I think this case is well worth it, I may order a couple more for future use.

·
Registered
104 Posts

--

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
from the pictures it seems like a real good size for the cycle rack, and more importantly the price is reasonable. if you guys dont mind me asking what did shipping cost you?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Shipping was around $10 for me.

--

·
Registered
976 Posts
Wow, at $25 these seem like a real bargain. Does anybody know what they weigh?

Got to be lighter than my 20lbs ammo can panniers:D, still just curious.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the awesome post! I was going to use a pelican case that is the same dimensions as this one but the catch is that the pelican case is my brother's and I would not want to tell him I drilled holes through it haha

What a great find!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts