TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just moved to a smaller home and garage and my wife says one motorcycle has to go. I have a 2013 TW I bought and found out old injuries wont allow rough off road riding. I still enjoy putting around town on it and some better back country dirt roads.

I friend in the Marines was sent to Japan so I bought his 2011 Yamaha 650 (Harley clone) It sounds mean but is a handful and a bit hard to maneuver. I dont ride major streets or freeways so I hardly use the power.

I know several people on here are multiple bike owenrs and could use you thoughts on which bike to keep.

Thanks for your thoughts....

Tracker

·
Registered
976 Posts
We just moved to a smaller home and garage and my wife says one motorcycle has to go. I have a 2013 TW I bought and found out old injuries wont allow rough off road riding. I still enjoy putting around town on it and some better back country dirt roads.

I friend in the Marines was sent to Japan so I bought his 2011 Yamaha 650 (Harley clone) It sounds mean but is a handful and a bit hard to maneuver. I dont ride major streets or freeways so I hardly use the power.

I know several people on here are multiple bike owenrs and could use you thoughts on which bike to keep.

Thanks for your thoughts....

Tracker
You're asking the TW forum, so it seems like you've already decided!

·
Registered
503 Posts
short answer, yes. Keep the TW. You said it yourself, the 650 is a handful. The TW is not and will take you anywhere you wanna go. TIM

p.s. Your wife got a sister?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
lol, remind the wife that her sewing room would make a great TW storage and modification room / mancave and maybe she will find it doesn't really take up much garage space :)

Also remind her how much the cute lil waitress down at the local pub loves TW 200's :)

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
You have a backyard don't you? Build a little "lean-to" or a shed and let the bike (or her) sleep there. Theres ALWAYS a way.

Reactions: Trikstr

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
2nd what Don said. Since ive had the TW my 6fitty has been all alone in the garage with no love. The only time i ride it is to keep the battery up and to keep the carbs from sitting to long and gummin up. Its up to you but you are asking guys on a TW forum if you should get rid of a TW. We know which one you love. Here you go, yes sell the 650.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
If you don't need to go much faster than 50 mph go with the TW. cheaper to own, and much more fun to ride.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
You won't regret it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
knew you'd see the light

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
I just don't understand. I have had and still have some neat bikes. The TW is such a little twerp. But when I go outside for a putt, more and more it is the little twerp. Kind of like my dog. Gives and gives and asks little in return.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
You already answered the question,but, if you HAD to get rid of one......it would have to be the 650......Darksol said it well.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have 2 bikes, a Yamaha FJR1300 and the powerful TW. This past summer, I rode two seperate trips to northern MN, totalling 500 miles each, round trip. Guess which one was more fun for a 61 year old kid,yep the mighty TW.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts