TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gen question here. would you considering using tw200 for a touring trip along the west coast during the summer, or is it asking to much of a 200

·
Registered
3,349 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
someone needs to spend some time reading some ride reports. Biggest thing to remember is, don't get in a hurry on your ride. Go for it!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Pack smart, take non-main roads. Take your time.. Some of the best roads for look-outs etc. are gravel.. Pack extra gas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omm.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
As stated above, no interstates (we kinda wanna keep you around for awhile....know what I mean?). Take the back-roads or secondary roads as they are most commonly called.....enjoy the scenery!.Go and have fun!!!.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not only would I consider it, I've done it (though no through Cali). Did around 1,000 miles in one week through Arkansas in the middle of June when it was HOT. TW did just fine, but you can't run it too hard. I tried to stay on mainly back roads and dirt roads the whole time. It was a blast.

·
Registered
583 Posts
The short answer to your question is YES.
Like others here I have been there/done that and consider it to be one of the highlights, if not the highlight, of my many years of motorcycling.
Last year my brother-in -law and I did a 14 day tour of Newfoundlands west coast on our TW's. We both have other more "road worthy" bikes and briefly considered taking them instead. Once we returned we both agreed it was a wise decision to take the little beasts instead.I actually spent a total of twenty days on the road as I spent another 6 days in Cape Breton before returning home with a total of 3800km(2400m) on my TW. We went places and met people we otherwise wouldn't have on our other bikes and can't wait to do it again. We went up mountains,had fun on sandy beaches,cruised remote logging roads into the interior,fished trout and salmon,got buzzed on Newfy Screech (local rum) and thrashed the little beasts along the highways and byways. Sometime this winter I will complete my ride report.http://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/7872-rockin-rock-tw-style.html
There is something to be said about touring on a small displacement motorcycle. Set the bike up properly, keep to the secondary roads as much as possible and don't be in a hurry.....Just do it brother!! It will put a smile on your face and give you memories you will never forget.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am amazed. So many think of limitations rather than the capabilities of the TW. Literally hundreds of bicyclists complete the ride from Canada to Mexico following the West Coast. If you can keep up with an old fart on a bicycle you can go anywhere on a TW.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Heck Yeh it will do it! Seems like I always have people comment on the bike too when he is loaded up. Everyone avoids me on the vstrom but boy they will chat like crazy when on the TDub . Plus you go a lot slower so get to see more. Matter if fact I prefer TDub tours and people think I am crazy .

·
Registered
149 Posts
In my full-dresser configuration, I have rear saddlebags, two spare gas cans, tank bag, tank saddlebags, front fork bags, over-the-headlight cooler, rear duffel bag, and a leather holster. I can carry enough to be on the road a year or two, or at least until the wife notices that I'm gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts