TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will there be any harm done if towing a TW? I know it came up before but don't remember anymore and can't find the topping either.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
not in neutral, but a good suggestion was to zip tie the clutch lever to the bar so it can't be thrown into gear accidentally.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would not tow it but if I had to do so, I would remove the chain from the sprocket.

Is the only danger that it gets accidentally thrown into gears while towing? Luckily this time I solved the problem and towing was not necessary (faulty spark plug cap) but I really would like to know for future reference.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
The gospel according to Yamaha, In times of doubt, seek wisdom from the good book

My manual says,

CAUTION:

Even with the transmission in the neutral position, do not coast for long periods of time with the engine off, and do not tow the motorcycle for long distances. The transmission is properly lubricated only when the engine is running. Inadequate lubrication may cause transmission damage.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Like others have said, just take the chan off the rear sprocket and you will be fine. Glad you got it fixed

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
If the chain is removed the gears will not spin so there'd be no need to have it idle. I guess you could if you just like burning gas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts