TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have info on a solid mounted D ring that mounts to the rear of the swingarm that allows you to tow another stuck bike or log etc. out of the way? I seen it several years ago just can't seem to find it now. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I tow my kids around on snow sleds in the winter. I've been brainstorming some better ways to attach the rope, similar to what you are describing. I think it will be better to have and extended brace or spring of some type that extends back beyond the tire, to prevent it getting wrapped up in there. Obviously this would need to be somewhat easily added and removed because it wouldn't be ideal to have it there all of the time.
I will let you know when my design is finished. In like 3 years.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Anyone notice that the ad under Gullyjumpers pic was for Simplisafe. I find that funny too. Nothing safe about that except for their vests.

·
Registered
2010 TW200 Stock
5 Posts
I've been thinking of a way to do this myself. I think you would either have to attach a 1/2 ring to foot pegs or the axle. The axle seems the best for weight distribution.
But on the other hand I know absolutely nothing about towing with a bike. My use for it would be for illegally towing a kayak with a small axle and tires under it.

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
453 Posts
This has to be a joke !
I dunno. That dude’s expression says full commitment, like he was thinkin’ real hard to come up with this.

Hope he had a good friend there, like the one’s who WILL tell you when you’ve got greens in your teeth!

Some of those guys there said quietly, “oh sh!t… man… watch this!” Guaranteed.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I dunno. That dude’s expression says full commitment, like he was thinkin’ real hard to come up with this.

Hope he had a good friend there, like the one’s who WILL tell you when you’ve got greens in your teeth!

Some of those guys there said quietly, “oh sh!t… man… watch this!” Guaranteed.
I'm sure it would have made a great video ...

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I tow my kids around on snow sleds in the winter. I've been brainstorming some better ways to attach the rope, similar to what you are describing. I think it will be better to have and extended brace or spring of some type that extends back beyond the tire, to prevent it getting wrapped up in there. Obviously this would need to be somewhat easily added and removed because it wouldn't be ideal to have it there all of the time.
I will let you know when my design is finished. In like 3 years.
Just figure the angle and add a wheel for a wheelie bar after the towing is done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts