1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
311 Posts
Oh my gosh, that's hilarious, and a little frightening! This fits in the category 'just because you CAN do it, it doesn't mean you SHOULD do it'. I'd like to see him haul it up the boat ramp. Or stop in less than 800 ft.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Its all fun and games till you need to stop! I use my Canam 800XT with a trailer to bring fire wood up from my lower property - the Rotax v twin 800cc motor will pull a truck up a hill....but try and stop going down a hill and ...... JACK KNIFE! I always make sure its all up hill with a heavy load 8^0

·
Registered
19,794 Posts
My original TW briefly towed a homemade trailer with a 55 gallon drum pressurized with about 35 gallons of water to remote aspen and cedar plantings up some pretty steep hills. I was impressed. Later hauling water downhill to water daffodils was a way too scary experience. The pintle style hitch pushing forward really chewed up both my license plate and any confidence in my ability to control the bike and loaded trailer.. Needed a trailer brake like Jimbo's. Still have the chewed up license plate, the trailer however got broken up and re-cycled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts