TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
It sure sound good. My TW with stock exhaust sounds great. Who needs a water jacket screw it up?

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
They were having a dirt flat tracking race here in Spokane a couple weeks ago and I had left the TW at my friends house. He's also kinda my mechanic from time to time. He had replaced my leaking inner output shaft seal and I told him to ride it around and make sure it wasn't leaking afterward. (the last one did) So, he mentions the race that night, I say, "go ahead and drive it out there", "that will be a good enough ride to see if it leaks or not", so he agrees. Next day, I go to pick up the ol faithful TW...

What!!! It's covered in mud splashes and buildup from top to bottom..."Sheeeeeeeeeeeeet, I think inwardly." He merrily and laughingly says that after the race, he asked permission to take it around the freshly wetted track. The owner and racers were curious about the little tyke, so they let him.

Now with my bad back and such, I do some alley sweeping a couple times a month, but little tyke really is a Street Beauty Queen with a fresh off the frame restoration a little over a year ago. Honestly, I was more than a little pissed, but tried to be graceful and just said.. "O, that's cool, they let you take it around the track. How'd it do?" Anyway...it did pretty good according to him, he was hitting 45-50 and said it was real easy. Part of the leaving crowd and all the riders were clapping and cheering him on. bla bla, bla bla.

Dude...ya gotta wash my bike. It was spotless when I brought it over here....I say.

Half an hour later, I leave with a not so good wash. "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, I'm thinking again.."

I forgive him, but the least he could have done is get a picture or video. "Sheeeeeeet" :rolleyes:

PHOTO GALLERY
*look for the little purple Yamaha pic. I think it's People Purple Eater Gina in her earlier days...

:D

Reactions: T-Dub Ken

·
Registered
820 Posts
Cool. I think he'd done better to come in hotter in the turns though, one shouldn't be reluctant to to rev the TW
engine. You'll float the valves before doing damage. Kinda a built in rev limiter.
The would be one situation where the big rear tire is a handicap.

·
Registered
319 Posts
That form of racing is The Springfield Mile in Illinois which we attend every year. Crazy to watch them enter a corner at 135 mile per hour, take the corners at 85mph dragging a shoe with steel plate. Crazy. When they wipe out the air ambulance comes usually.

For me that TW on this 1/10th mile track would be fun to do once. But just once. I like the video. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts