TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New I bought and installed and do not like the looks, no miles. Home made aluminum fender (black part) eliminator.
Would swap for stock fender( black part) and taillight in good condition.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427669414.556264.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427669442.109458.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi, I would like to take you up on that. I just have a couple of questions first. Is that the one from ProCycle, and would you mind taking a picture with the license plate off so I can see how it mounts? If it is what I think it is, I've been wanting one. Also, which part is home made? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it's not from Pro-cycle it's just a LED taillight/brake -license light. Most are just taillight/brake. I made the mount, for it- aluminum then I painted it. I'll get a pic of the mount, tomorrow for you. The LED turns are nice and bright. Sam, who bought my Intruder my son by another an another mother can't believe I don't like the look.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was thinking of this one because they look pretty similar. I am still interested, and jut needed the other pics because I have one of those stash boxes under the plate that could cause problems. When you say "LED turns" do you mean that the turn signals are included?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't like the tiny turn signals or the tiny taillight. So yes it's the 4 turns and the taillight with bracket.
I'll post tomorrow
Thanks

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are pics off bike and without plate.

Of course you could make your own mount too. I also had the lights sprayed with conformal coating. Just in case the lenses weren't waterproof.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, that should be great. And sorry about not reading the title properly, haha, I must have been half asleep. I can send you pics of mine to show you the condition tomorrow, is that ok?.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello, Fred. I read about your bike, I believe you called it Betty, sorry to hear about it. Hope you can bring it back to life soon.

So, Padilen, I just thought of something else, do you want to swap blinker circuit things (i don't know what they're called) as well? You'll need the ones for standard lights for my turn signals to work right?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I'm going to keep those. I'm staying with LED's.
But you can find exact matching relay cheaper than what I got. And mine I had to modify. I don't know your year but if you want indicator light for flashers you might need a diode too. Read the threads it's easy.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wow, I'm sorry you went to the trouble of modding your electric components, and making mounting brackets, only to end up not liking how it looked. That's the darker side of trial and error, and I've been there. Thanks for the advice, though. I'll be using the forum to figure it out as I go.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's the way I do things. Read my thread hello best years. I bought 2 tanks to see which Id like. I actually liked the one I didn't keep more! But the XT225 tank was easier to open the gas cap. And I got used plastic that looks good with it. That's also why I keep all my stock parts.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just read about ten pages into your thread, and man, what a journey. When I saw the picture with the rat poison, I squinted asking, out loud, what it was. I'll continue reading, since it is a valuable opportunity to learn. This is my first motorcycle, so I've been hungrily absorbing anything on the forum that I can, even if I sometimes cringe at the hard parts of members' stories, like the "service" your bike received. let's just say I was lucky to get a '92 in as good a condition as I did.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And did you read that I liked my stock colors then I completely changed them.
I actually was reading it last night- I wasn't right in the head when I first started posting. Not that it's right now. But I've forgotten a lot that went on last year.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've read the posts up to yesterday, and it didn't seem like your colors changed that much, just a bit of black added. In fact, your tank looks so good it has made me reconsider the XT tank for mine.

While I love the tail light and still want one just like yours, with the pics on the other thread, I finally got to see what you were talking about with the turn signals. I have to agree with you, they are a bit too small, so if you don't want to exchange just the tail light, I guess I'll have to let this go to Fred. (Im still new to riding, so it's a safety thing) After reading so much about the trouble you had with people backing out of deals, I'm so sorry.

I am still very impressed at the amount of work you put into being able to ride your TW, and I wish you luck getting the look just right.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you want to swap tail lights only -even exchange that's fine. The turns are tiny but very bright -brighter than my stock ones! Just PM pictures- I'm assuming it's not cracked or broken.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I felt bad, so I PM'ed Fred in hopes that he could pick up where I left off. It would have been difficult to get you pics right now anyway, since I'm out of town getting my car serviced. Let me know if the deal goes through with someone else, because if not I'll take you up on just the tail light. I thought it would be easier for you to trade it all together.

·
Registered
20,387 Posts
Padilen, i and Luigas have decided to keep our lights, sorry. Thus your set up is still available to others. Can someone else help a nice lady out?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's ok Fred, it's going back on in a few minutes. Weather is good today- I'll miss out but ready for next warm spell.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts