• Buy a Supermoto

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been toying with the idea of selling the TW200 and buying a Supermoto.

TW200 Pros, light, maneuverable, off road capabilities. Cons, POWER!!

Supermoto PROS, powerrrr. Cons, 35" seat height

I do 90% on road riding... someone talk me into or out of this one?!?!

·
Registered
866 Posts

If you're all about going fast and riding wheelies, get the supermoto. Personally, I would keep the trusty t-dub.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn you sore thumb, stop temptingggg!

Is there anything with the seat height around 33", thats the biggest factor, I can only touch on one side.

I cant keep 3 bikes... its just too many

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 31" inseam and can fit normal on any bike with a 34" seat height (suspension usually crushes down a few inches when i get on the bike). You wont be happy at all off-road if the bike doesnt fit you, street riding you can get away with it though. I vote keep the TW, do you really want to take one of those pretty supermoto's off road anyways... they all wear slicks

·
Registered
918 Posts
I just got a DRZ400S. Putting the TW back to stock and will be listing it for sale soon (don't want to though). If the roads/speeds I drive were under 55mph, I'd keep the fun little TW. But I'm constantly going over 70mph and the TW struggles. I drive a lot more on the road than off, but I want the ability to go offroad for weekend trips. The part of Minnesota that I want to explore is 230+ miles from my front door.

It's all a compromise. Most of my riding is on the road, I'm wanting road manners and dealing with the lack of offroad manners.

The DRZ is tall, but the supermoto is 1.5 inches shorter than the S model. There are lower seats (1" drop) available, there are lowering links available for the rear, and you can drop the forks in the triple trees (more so when you add handlebar risers). Guys with 27" inseams have been able to lower the DRZ enough to make it work. There are knobby/enduro tire options for the 17" wheels, so you're not stuck with slicks. Kenda K270's have been marked as a good compromise, and will be the option I will take at some point.

If only the TW came with a 350 or 400cc...

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
DRZ400sm is bad ass...keep the TW and buy DRZ. You can find them for around $3000-4000 tricked out on craigslist. As soon as I bought my TW, I started seeing DRZs all over. Have both...then you will be the envy of all of us.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts

How tall are you???.........Several years ago I had fantasy's of my youth and bought a xr650L...awesome bike!!!...I'm only 5'10"...off road= nightmare...on road = great.

Keep the TW and buy a descent street bike....you'll regret later getting rid of the TW!!!; the 65L has a 37" seat height.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've owned more dual sport bikes than strictly street bikes i.e. Yamaha dt-250, Honda xl 350 (2), Yamaha xt 500, Suzuki dr-350(2), Honda xr650l, Yamaha tw200(2), Suzuki drz400sm. The DRZ400SM was the best and my favorite overall if you only have 1 bike.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I am not a real motocycle fanatic. I started out in 1966 with a pushrod 90 street bike. Have owned a 125 DKW, Honda Express, BMW R69s, Honda 125, Honda C110, Honda 360 a CT90 & 70 and just before my TW it was a Honda XR250.

In my opinion, the TW200 is a couple of steps up from the Honda CT 90 of yester-year. Above all, it is simple and inexpensive. In my opinion, it is best thought of as a 'basic' around-town crusier or a 'simple' trailbike (Duelsport).

I think our forum gets many people excited about the "TW experience". After all, the bike is very affordable, expecially so if it is used.

I sold my CT110 because it rode like rock and when doing off-pavement exploring. I was spending more money on Chiropractic care than gas. I personally found the TW to be only a slight improvement (for me). The advantages of the TW are it's low seat height, wide tires for stability, low cost, economy (fuel), simplicity (of service), more horsepower than the Honday 110 and lastly (perhaps most importantly) a forum that defines and supports upgrades that make it MUCH BETTER...... Gerry

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Get a motard but keep the TW and then after a year or so get rid of the one you don't want. My guess is you will keep and use both of them. Different animals.

Has anyone had experience with MEFO tires? They don't have a size for the TW yet but they do make other sizes and I have heard good things about them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts