TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this supposed to look like this?
Something has been chewing on Betty.馃槑
Gesture Wood Glove Nail Wrist

Bent and sheared the fasteners.
EZ Out bolt extractor removed the rubble. Off to the fastener store, then a little ball peen pounding should get things back in the same zip code at least.馃槑

Attachments

Premium Member
Is this supposed to look like this?
Something has been chewing on Betty.馃槑 View attachment 229964

Bent and sheared the fasteners.
EZ Out bolt extractor removed the rubble. Off to the fastener store, then a little ball peen pounding should get things back in the same zip code at least.馃槑
Ah, that'll buff out :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damage is a function of riding low slung 6" stock suspension in the regional rocky terrain, not the occasional crash that rarely, if ever, involves the foot pegs. My Buddy Bike TW has custom extended travel and does not acquire similar scrapes. Taller ground clearance lets Nibbler ride above so much of the protruding rocks in the trails made by the modern long travel KTMs that dominate the outdoors here. Using their trails entails accepting their line or making quick adaptations to avoid bottoming out. Often this can lead to impromptu scrapes with Mother Nature.
I suppose I could park the TW and just walk instead, but where's the fun in that? 馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I admit I was pretty high (~9,500 ft) when bad things happened.
Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Plant

Don't know what I hit but I was in process of heading a couple thousand feet higher. Thus the jury rigged web strap having right peg hold up the left peg so I could continue on.
Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle

When I returned home found I had a late night visitor.
Pregnant or just well fed?
Carnivore Dog breed Felidae Tints and shades Tail

Registered
I admit I was pretty high (~9,500 ft) when bad things happened.
View attachment 230057

Don't know what I hit but I was in process of heading a couple thousand feet higher. Thus the jury rigged web strap having right peg hold up the left peg so I could continue on.
View attachment 230058

When I returned home found I had a late night visitor.
Pregnant or just well fed?
View attachment 230056
Fred, my fianc茅 Rizza would like an explanation of this photo, please. So is an actual mountain lion posing or passing a cartoon version you鈥檝e placed out? P

Registered
Camo pig lures the kitty?

I had a rough hit to the left peg on my last ride of a long trip back in April from a poorly placed stump. I was heading back to camp and nearly there. I thought the peg was gone and felt lucky it wasn鈥檛 my foot!
Back home, I removed the peg mount (maybe 1st time in 33 years?), stuck it in the vice, heated it up, hit it with the BFH and cranked on it with a pipe wrench. Shot of paint and back in service, but I wondered if I鈥檝e weakened the mount a little. Many miles since then.
Stuff happens, though my stuff wasn鈥檛 as rough as Fred鈥檚. Gonna see if I can avoid any of that in Western NC in a couple of weeks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
My game camera catches a sampling of most of the regional wildlife as they use old trails, abandoned RR grade and jeep road as they all come together on my driveway safely across canyon from my house.
In this case it was a cougar, seemingly very pregnant or very well fed. Camera catches cougars pictures several times a year usually at night like this younger fellow
Carnivore Dog breed Grey Felidae Small to medium-sized cats

A family on the move
Sleeve Grey Font Rectangle Pattern

...but occasionally by day.
Vertebrate Plant Nature Natural environment Tree

Would Riza like a little kitten as a wedding present?
Plant Tree Mammal Natural landscape Grass

Here kitty,kitty,kitty

EDIT: Just teasing. Have too much respect for Patrick to wish to cause his fianc茅 unneccesary concern over North American wildlife. My location is somewhat of an exception and encounters like these are very rare both here and elsewhere. She should feel welcome and safe.

Registered
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

No, Jeff. I have a friend in Cedar Mountain, NC with roughly 250 acres. I鈥檒l buzz around there on his trails and some of the gravel roads in the area. Also taking my Moto Guzzi California to cruise the BRP over Mt. Pisgah to visit my sister in Sylva, NC. I鈥檝e been going down there once or twice a year for the past 20 years.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts